Neglect

- Narrator -

  Good news! Gabriel and Six have been getting along better than last time. I promise you, they don't fight like that everyday. They really do love each other and do everything together! And again, it isn't my place to talk about it, but to introduce how they are with each other in this chapter. Now, take it away, Six!

- Six -

  I've been looking for Gabe everywhere. Since he wasn't down on Earth- I would know because he never goes there without me- I checked all around the void. Our living room area, no. The garden, no. That one place that is entirely empty and we walk together in, no. Where is he? Hell, I don't even know where I am just by looking for him. My surroundings were dark, like a foggy navy blue. And my steps made echoes along with my breathing. Maybe he's just stroking a cat in a new room, or he actually is on Earth but he just never told me. But that would be very different of him, I mean, yes he goes alone, but only when he's planning things out or catching new victims and targets and-
...Gabriel?

  My eyes caught a sliver of light in the walls of this area. A crack I could look through and see Gabriel sitting on his knees in front of a Christian painting. This room, it was a church. I couldn't tell if he was crying, sleeping, or zoning out. He's definitely not praying, though. Whatever he was doing, it gave me a great wave of anxiety. I didn't know his feelings. Is he sad or what?
I then looked at the blue light above, shining right on him and behind him. I took this as my opportunity to join, and if he wants to be left alone, I'll respect that. I casted into the lighting that bounced off of the ground, and popped out into regular form. He didn't move, nor did he speak. I sat on my knees to the right of him. His eyes were closed, his hands rested on top of each other. Should I say something? I'll risk it.

  "Are you okay?" I whispered. I waited for a response that I knew wouldn't come right away. Very slowly, he opened his eyes, looking straight forward. "I know this kind of stuff puts you in a mood, we should do something else rather than dwelling." I suggested. He shook his head, "It brings me peace, sitting under the man who I am supposed to be." His eyes shot up to the painting of Jesus being crucified. I looked at it with him, examining the piece and what was being shown. "Peace?" The words left me as I stared at the art. Gabriel nodded, "It helps me think. I always look at him, and picture that it is me, the true savior. Those foolish humans are worshiping the wrong man. That is supposed to be me." I turned to him. He's not helping himself, he's hurting himself. He's wasting his time staring at everything that makes him feel worthless. I can't have that happen. My hand gently rested on top of his. He tensed and looked at me, "Gabe, you really shouldn't do this anymore. You're putting yourself through so much pain when you sit and gaze at something that makes you feel degraded or below anything. You're way more than that, I mean it. I look at you and see the most powerful soul ever, even if I didn't know you, I would probably stay back from how mighty you are."

  He smiled, and for once, his eyes looked a little glassy. "Thank you Six." I felt his hand land on top of mine and squeeze a little. This moment meant so much to me. Whenever I make Gabe feel better, I feel like I just accomplished the world's most difficult task.

  We stood. "C'mon! Let's go get a coffee and invite Cesar or something! Wanna play cards? I'm awesome at Manipulation, I'll tell you that!" Gabriel laughed, "Sure."
And off we went. I preoccupied his mind by talking, I just wanted any and all bad thoughts to leave. It seemed to work the whole time on our way to the living area. He laughed, smiled, and said little "Is that so"s here and there. Today already feels way better.

- Gabriel -

  I held my cards, looking carefully at the board and back at my hand. "Come on, N, you son of a bitch! Just draw, I know you can't play!" Cesar angrily snapped. "Whatever, asshat! At least I know how to hold my cards correctly!" N protested. Preacher giggled on the other side of the table at the two fighting. N drew a card, and another, and another, and- "Oh for fuck's sake, give me that!" Cesar snatched his cards away and looked at them sternly. He didn't even take the time to observe, he just began setting down all the turns he could play. "Look at this man, there's a ton you can do!" We all watched while Six and Preacher laughed. I smiled and watched the chaotic scenario.
The frustrated man handed N his cards back, sitting down and picking up his own. It was my turn, I set down a set of sixes, and a run of royals, then knocked. "Alright! Time for me to end you all," Six spoke with confidence and stood. The whole table was his, as he took an eight from its set and added it to his hand. He placed a six, seven, eight, reached for the royals I set down, and separated them into sets with a few Jacks and Queens he had. I watched completely impressed, he really is good at this game.