Harsh Mistake

- Narrator -

I ran as fast as I could, my tired feet stomping against the brick roads of this town. It was dark, cold, and only the dim yellow street lights would give me so much hope for a brighter vision ahead.
What was I running from? I did not know, for the intense feeling that grew in me out of nowhere caused great panic. I didn't see anyone or anything after me... but I knew I was in danger.

  I panted, "Should've stayed home... and watched The Walten Files. Or listen to Kikuo while drawing."

  Then suddenly, my face crashed. That's it, my nose is broken. My tooth popped out, something. Cause that hurt like a bitch. My body fell backwards as my hands rushed to my jaw, rubbing it in scorching pain. Nothing else mattered but my anxiety towards a broken body part. Though I heard a soft voice speak above me, "Peyton?"
My eyes slowly opened and my head tilted up.
No way. No way in hell.

  "GABRIEL!?" Since when was your chest a fucking anvil?" I shouted with a mix of anger and confusion. He laughed through his nose. My eyes caught to his long fingers reaching out, his hand extending as an offer of assistance. I took it. "I saw you running straight this way, and quickly casted a blocking onto myself so I wouldn't get hurt." My hands brushed off the dirt on my shirt. I scoffed, "So you wouldn't get hurt but I would? Nice."
"Well put yourself in my shoes-"
"You don't have shoes."

  I laughed at my own joke while he shook his head. Then quickly I realized... "Wait, how are you here?" I heard him gulp, making me a bit uneasy. Was there something I didn't know? Is this all my imagination? No, it's real. It has to be, there's blood
coming from my nose cause of his "blocking" powers. "I just wanted to talk to you a bit, about Six." This perplexed me. "Okay?" I asked. He began walking, so I followed.
"Six has been so differently lately... unless he's been like this the whole time and I just haven't noticed until now. But it worries me so, I watch his face switch from a smile to a somber expression. It feels like a knife straight to my heart and I don't know why. I almost despise this feeling, it makes me look like a worried mess. It's embarrassing." He looked at me right in my eyes,

  "Can you help me?"

I blinked rapidly, "Y-Yeah! Uhh... with what?" He stopped walking, "You're the author, can't you rewrite him to be a happier person?" My face twisted. I didn't mean to make a sour look, but his question is ridiculous. "Rewrite him better? Gabe that sounds like an insult." "How so?" "One, I'm just an author, not a creator. I didn't make him in Heaven, so this is not my responsibility. Two, wouldn't you like to help him out instead of changing him entirely? Especially the fact he doesn't know how or why he's all of the sudden happier?" Gabriel paused for a moment. I watched his hand cuff his mouth, his eyes widening in terror. "That's... what it sounds like I want?" My eyebrow raised, "Well what do you want?"

"I want Six to be content in his everyday life. I want him to enjoy the things he does and working with me, of course. But I also want him to be satisfied with his life and what he does outside of work. And I try to connect to him, we walk together and talk but it's never enough. I have looked after him more recently since the first time he and I became acquaintances. I'm not sure why I feel so awkward about caring for him. It's just unlike me, perhaps he's growing on me. Perhaps this is what's known as 'affection', but I don't know... The reason why I want you to rewrite him is because I keep running into a wall whenever I want to stand up and do something for Six. But it's not working. I have no one else to turn to but you. And this isn't for me, I've never thought of it that way. This is for him. All for him."

  My body grew chills at his full-hearted confession. It hurt me to see him get confused at his emotions. It made me want to restart everything and provide him all the joy and peace I can give. But if anyone needs that right now, it's Six.