Suppression

- Narrator -

Just a continuation of yesterday, it gets a little chaotic. Like they said yesterday, teenagers are the hardest to deal with. As for our fallen angels, however, they go through a lot of ups and downs. Here's Six...

- Six -

After hours of us walking around, which made time fly by, we all managed to meet up at the location of the house. It was small and dark with no pretty ambience whatsoever. I wonder if it seems normal in the day time. The feel it gives is ominous, which may be a problem. We have to lure people in without making them step away because it distresses them. However, teens are idiots. They see something that could possibly lead to death and they're suddenly interested. Why? To make them look cool in front of their friends? I really don't get it.

Our heads turned to the wheels of their van pulling into the driveway. We hid behind the house, having no fear with the boys catching us. We're quick and powerful, we can hide within a blink of an eye. Gabriel spoke, "Alright, that's them. I'm going to hijack their radio to hear what they say, everyone please stay quiet." We watched Gabe set his hand on the center of his forehead. He closed his eyes and listened...
His hand lowered. "So?" N whispered. "They're fighting over who's going inside. I prefer both of them go, but we can make adjustments." We heard the car engine stop and went back to silence. The sound of footsteps in the snow was not enough for me to recognize who this was. Then again, I don't know their names at all. That'll come later though.

  We waited in stillness for a few more minutes until the sound of a radio went off. I heard the words "camera" and "record", nothing else. "Fuck," Gabriel whispered in a shouting tone. "What is it?" I asked. "The cameras in the house, can you quickly cast yourself into them and give us access to control them?" I nodded and walked to a window on the far end of the wall we stood against. I peaked through, and immediately spotted a camera in the far corner of the room. I fastened myself into it, looking around in the room it hung in. Finally, a close up of the boy. Blonde hair, black hoodie... jeans... Adam. Ohhh Adam! We've experienced with him before. He's definitely the most unique victim out of the rest. He comes after us, which is extremely unexpected, but we like it. A twist in plans only makes it worse on the people we're targeting. Such weak minds.
I switched to every other camera throughout the house, connected to it and gave it access to the rest of us. I decided to stay in one of them to check out what he was going to do.

"Here kitty kitty," He called out dismissively. I watched him walk down the hallway. He clicked his tongue several times, trying to get the "cat's" attention. We already planned the cat scenario. Tonight, there won't be anything. No meowing, no lights cutting out, nothing. Tomorrow will be the turn of events.
I heard his boyfriend or whatever talk through the radio, "You look so stupid right now." Adam tensed and he spoke with anger, "Dude, what am I supposed to do? For a literal 'ghost' cat?" I felt myself smiling at these two. They are just how I predicted them to be, full of fury and defense. It's entertaining watching these guys go against each other. I keep forgetting his name... something like John or, I don't know.

I wonder what the others are doing...

- Gabriel -

The Alternates stood by my side as I tried to listen to the two men talk back and forth. A sudden flash of light seeped through the window. "What was that?" Preacher asked. "I think Adam took a photo of something." I responded quietly. My eyes glanced at the bright moon, it struck right above my head. I thought for a moment.

  It wouldn't take them long to get over the lack of paranormal activity for tonight. But this doesn't mean we can leave and quit worrying about them. We must track their every move, every sound. Six can hijack their radio in the van and leave it to where we can all hear it. Speaking of Six, where is he? Maybe he's watching Adam through the cameras to get a better look of the scene. This is good, if I need more details with what he was doing, he can explain it to me. You would think that my companion has done this before, but not quite. Six has taken part of occurrences involving Adam, but not as much as the other Alternates. The teen's investigations mainly consists of natural deeds. For example, tomorrow, Preacher is going to come face to face with the teenager. This doesn't require a source of technology. Whenever it does, I needs Six's help.

  "Come, we will return in the morning. I'll let Six know." I held my head and closed my eyes, signaling the cameras in the house. It didn't take long for him to appear in regular form and stand beside me with a smile plastered on his face. "What?" I turned to him. He giggled, "These guys, they're so stupid. This little organization that they're apart of, how they act and their way of communicating. It's so funny." I listened to him laugh some more while I opened the void. "Oh yeah, and the other dude. What's his name? Jonathan?" "Jonah." "JONAH! That's right! I see Adam mostly."
The opening closed. He frowned, "What's the big deal? Am I in trouble or something?" I stepped forward to him and cleared my throat. "Six, I keep thinking about your words from earlier today. They were so different, so emotional. I just want you to know that I will always be here for you if you ever need to talk about something. The thought of you bottling up things frightens me so. You understand?"

  Then, something I've never seen before happened. Something I never expected from him. His head hung low as his hand covered his mouth. He really wasn't doing okay. I knew it, for such a happy and funny man like him, there has to be something wrong. There really is no hope, is there? Because even the most joyful beings feel useless and dreadful. I pity them all.

  My hand softly landed on his head. And slowly, he looked up into my eyes. Tears trailed to his chin as his nose scrunched for air. I smiled, "Never hesitate to come to me. You and I have something the others don't, a true bond. A strong one, and I like it."
I reopened the void and we stepped in. Everyone must've gone to doing their own things, for we were the only ones in the living area. I looked down at Six, "How about some tea?" His eyes widened and he nodded,

"That sounds amazing."

-

"You ever wonder if they've ever been caught before?" Six asked. I walked over to the couch he sat on and held my mug above my lap. "No, if they did, they'd be in jail." I sipped my tea gently. He shook his head, "That's not what I meant, I'm saying has a cop ever caught them doing bad things and shouts 'HEY' and they run off?" My eyes closed in disbelief at his ignorance, "That's exactly why they're on the run from the law." He let out a small "Oh" and laughed at himself. A static sound from the radio sitting on the coffee table shook us awake. "Shh, wait a second," I whispered.

"Psst, Jonah. Wake up."

  The sound of a car door shutting caused his friend to wake with an abrupt "Huh?". Six and I leaned closer to the radio. "Aha, fell asleep? Wanna just talk about it in the morning?" "Mhm." I listened to Jonah roll over and Adam click something that sounded like a button. "Goodnight man." He whispered.
No other sound nor conversation broke out from that moment on. I finished my tea with one last sip and set it down next to Six's cup. He sighed through his nose. "Looks like they're done for tonight. What time will we be returning?" I thought for a moment. Due to past situations, I've noticed that Adam gets up early for the chosen place he needs to do his job at. But because the "woman is on a business trip", he may sleep in. "Let us wait for a sound. I know that seems risky, but it's only because I'm unsure with whenever they will wake up." "Alright,"

  Six laid his body out on the couch, setting his legs on my lap. I frowned, "I'm not a chair." He laughed and shrugged, "Come on, it's not like you were going to leave." My eyes rolled and I leaned back, "Fine. I'll be up listening for anything."
"Goodnight, Gabe."
"You can't sleep. None of us can."
"We'll just pretend I can."
"...Fine."