3. people do change

El was ruffling through papers back and forth while still looking at her textbook, taking notes. She had her final exam tomorrow and no way was she trying to fail it. The girl jumped out of bed and tiptoed over to her backpack thrown on the floor from earlier that day.

It had already hit 12:15 o'clock, so she really needed to be quiet. It just so happens that her mom's room was right under her's so you can hear everything.

She looked through her backpack like a madwoman but couldn't find her social studies spiral notebook. Oh no. Oh, shitty crap!! This is just what I needed today. Just what I needed!!! She thought. She fell to her bed in despair just when her phone started ringing. "Who the hell could possibly be calling me at this hour??" she whispered to herself.

---

Hello??

Hi El!! It's Max.
I honestly didn't think you would have answered, considering your bedtimes at 7:00 o'clock.

Ha-ha, very funny. Nice to talk to you too. :)

Ok but like for real,why are you even up at this time??

I've been studying for this final exam
all damn week. It's so stressful for no reason!

Must suck, WHICH is why I have a proposition for you!!!

A proposition?? Knowing you I don't think I should
even listen Max.

Okay, but please, just at least let me tell you the details before you turn it down, alright?

Okayyy...

Cool, so do remember Angela Grace?

That girl that hits on everyone for the fun of it??
How could I forget her :)

Bingo! Soooo she's having a party this weekend and
I was wondering you know with all your "stress", if you would like to go??!

Max. You know party's aren't my thing!

Yes, but you'd be with us and we'd have a fun time, come on!
You know, live a little!!

Who's "us" Max?

You know, the original party!
Me, Dustin, Lucas... and Mike.

Mike??! For real Max!! Why would you even dare to invite me to something like that?? Especially with "him."

El, when are you going to let it go?? It can't go on forever. You know it can't.

Ok, but it actually can.

Whatever, but the thing is that he probably won't even be with us.

Why? Did he drop you guys to?

No Ellie! No one dropped no one I mean, except that one time-but that's in the past! You don't even have to hang out with him. Like I said, he won't be us.

Yeah, but why wouldn't he be with you guys??

Well... it's complicated.

"It's complicated"?

Okay. Mike's kinda dating but not dating this girl so he's kinda probably gonna be around her so.. that's why.

Ok Max. How do you "kinda date" someone?!

I honestly don't even know. He just says he doesn't like labels and that kinda shit. But they just hook up and that kinds shit, they like barley talk basically.