Dance Dance Infiltration

Sheffield surveyed the commoners in the festivities with her usual stoicism. Maybe the setting and conduct passed her Head Maid's standards, but she felt different. There was supposed to be more formality, more ceremonial for a dance revolving around a celebration of unity. It certainly did not match the Royal Navy's full splendor. The switch to uncouth modern music by Hornet and the blonde that was hostess did little to undo this impression.

In fact, most of this so called Remnant did little to impress Sheffield. They also had a common enemy bent on ending humanity, but that was the only similarity as far as she was concerned. Rather than take initiative and go in the offensive against the Grimm, they preferred to stay in small pockets. Yes, they had apparently tried to, but they were not prepared to meet the enemy with full force as the Royal Navy did.

To make matters worse, they were not much better in unity than Azur Lane. Azur Lane recognized there was one enemy that took absolute precedence. Once the threat was safely hidden behind walls, natural and artificial, along with not allowing negative emotions, these people turned on each other. The idea that Remnant's people could look down on someone as revered as Warspite over animal like traits proved disappointing.

That was when Sheffield noticed the girl the Eagle Union had named Commander was departing the hall. No elegance and no manners either. Sheffield knew her American compatriots were unorthodox, but what did they see in her? She was a child. But Javelin was quick to blasphemously point out earlier that Her Majesty was a child. Regardless, commanding a fleet differed from leading three schoolgirls.

Well at least Sheffield could follow and have the girl called Ruby return to her place. So she began to do. That's when she spotted a shadowy figure moving on the rooftops and Ruby moving to follow. Sheffield raised an eyebrow. Perhaps Miss Rose was more perceptive than what she let on.

Ruby meanwhile trailed the suspicious figure with as much speed as her heels allowed. That is to say, she was a few blocks behind. Seriously, how did Weiss fight in these?! At least the ship girls could just glide on water with theirs. Maybe she could get shoes styled like the boys. At least she would have better coordination than on those stupid lady stilts.

Then she noticed white shapes in a bush. She gasped when she realized the shapes matched the armor of an Atlesian soldier. He was knocked out, no doubt because of the black figure. She pulled her scroll and typed in the pin code. Thanks to the short distance, the self propelled locker launched through a silo in the Beacon locker room and impacted the ground in front of Ruby. It opened and Ruby grabbed Crescent Rose and loaded a standard magazine. She fast walked to the elevator, chambering a round. As she did so, she saw more bodies, and the elevator opened to show two more.

Ruby pressed the floor button to the top of the tower when she felt something off. Her heart stopped when a figure moved into the elevator. Ruby instinctively swung her scythe at it. She had gone from hunter to hunted. The figure caught Crescent Rose by its shaft.

"You would do well not to attack an ally insect."

Ruby blinked. Despite the black dress, she recognized her as one of the Royal Navy ship girls, specifically the one with a bad attitude. Come to think of it, she had similar hair to Miss Goodwitch.

"Uhhhh Sheffield right? What're you doing here?"

"I noticed the same suspicious activity." Sheffield replied. She raised a hand to her ear. "Miss Belfast. I have detected criminal activity taking place at the CCT tower. I request you not allow anyone else to take their leave. Yes, inform the General and his men. Understood."

In a flash of light, weapons appeared in her hands. They looked like warship turrets on a miniature hull with a pistol grip on each one. She crossed her arms against her chest. Ruby understood her style immediately. Maid she may be, but Sheffield was a gunslinger.