< 7 >

Howl P.O.V.:

"You swallowed a shooting star, oh heartless man, your heart will soon belong to me."

I narrowed my eyes to the burnt wood. "This can't be good for the table," I thought before waving my hand on the marks slowly, holding my gaze. As soon as I removed my hand, the marks disappeared, leaving a surprised and amazed Markl.

"Wow, they're gone!" He exclaimed, inspecting the table with the energy that only a child could have.

"The mark may have disappeared, but the spell is still there," I said, suddenly getting up. "Sorry."

I took the dish and quickly poured the contents into Calcifer's mouth. "Calcifer, move the castle 60 miles to the west," I ordered. "And while your at it, make hot water for my bath." I took a look at the silent table and smiled at the (H/C) haired girl, who simply looked at me with curiosity.

That confused me. Girls usually fainted just looking at me. Why was she different? I shook myself from my daydreams to find out that I had been looking at her for a while. A little embarrassed and with just a touch of blush, I waved and quickly climbed the stairs.

She was unusual, yes.

You P.O.V.:

While Calcifer complained about doing even more work and how Howl didn't even have the decency to say 'please', I was obsessed with those sky blue eyes. He smiled at me and I kept looking at him. Certainly, he was smiling at my best friend, who was certainly smiling back. I poked her lightly and she shrank, trying to pull herself together.

"He smiled at me," she breathed, then shook her head furiously. "That's stupid, stop me now, (Y/N). Make me go back to my senses..."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "I'm sure you're well-"

"I don't like him!"

"Anything you say..."

"I'm serious, (Y/N)!" She got up with her face on fire. I choked my laugh, "I really can't take you seriously when you're in this form, you know."

She opened her mouth to answer, but screamed when a mouse of some kind slipped near her feet.

---

"I'm tired of it already," Sophie shouted as she gassed, furiously sweeping a dusty corner. "You'd better run before I rip your heads off! I'm tired of being treated as if I were some kind of old lady!"

I could hear Markl standing outside, talking to a man about a "witch on a rampage", which was very precise. In my attempts to calm her down, I simply fuelled her frustration and brought out the cleansing monster inside her.

I have no idea how she managed to run around the house that way; an hour later and I was already exhausted with her still going strong. Maybe it was the motivation to eradicate the place of unwanted creatures, or just her devotion to finish what began, but I had another idea of why she wanted to clean up for seven hours straight.

Howl.

That wizard definitely stole my best friend's heart; she's too stubborn to admit it. Cleaning has always been her method of combatting and, after she sees him, there is no way to escape from her hands, except cleaning.

Back pain and hurting hands, I turned to see what she was doing, only to find Calcifer begging her about something.

'Probably food or something... 'I meditated, polishing the windows again. A few seconds later, he seemed even more desperate and I approached to see what was happening.

"Sophie, please help me, I'm falling" Calcifer tried desperately, barely clinging to the trunk, Sophie didn't care about anything.

"Sophie," I warned her.

He was slipping, Sophie making things worse by picking up the dying trunk and putting it like a bar across the top of the little holder ( I don't know what it's called 🪆). "I am falling! What are you doing!"

"Sophie!" I tried to get her attention, but she wasn't responding. I looked just in time to see Calcifer extinguished.

"NO!"

I ran and got something that looked like a bright blue bubble, very similar to jellyfish. "Howl!" I tried to ask for help, running through the corridors with the lustre decreasing every second. "Howl-" I ran for something and looked up to realise it was the wizard.

"Howl, please," I extended Calcifer to him. "Please help him."

A calm expression was on his face as he silently took the demon from the extinguished fire in his hands and whispered a few words. When he opened his hands again, there was Calcifer; as bright and resplendent as ever. I laughed with relief and extended a trunk for him to climb. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Yes, yes," he murmured, but had a smile on his face. I knew he secretly liked the attention. I safely balanced him on the log and transported him to the fireplace, adding a pile of logs on the side for him to grab in case he ran out.

Howl slowly walked to me and raised his hand, making me shudder. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you," he held my cheek, making my heart beat. He took something off my cheek, "A pretty girl like you shouldn't cry."

I realised that some tears rolled without my realising it. "Were you agitated because of my friend here?" He asked, almost teasing. I
tch-ed and turned my eyes, looking at my feet. "Honestly, I'm a little jealous," I heard him say. I squeezed my arms harder and avoided his questioning look and heard him sigh gently, with his steps retreating.

"Master Howl, are you going out now?" called Markl. Howl didn't answer and I heard the door rotate(?). I looked up to see that it was black. Interestingly, I approached and he caught my attention again, making me turn around to focus on a cobweb that Sophie couldn't locate.

"Markl, make sure the cleaner doesn't get excited while I'm away," he said. "And that
(Y/N) has no more mood swings." I raised my head to look at him. "Sorry?"

He smiled, "Now there are those beautiful
(E/C) eyes."

I stuttered and tried to hide my face in my hair, marching to Sophie.

"You lost a cobweb," I hurriedly pointed out, so I ran out, my heart beating hard.

A/N
- Updates............
Anyway I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. Honestly I love this book but I like never uPdAtE
🪆🪆🪆🪆🪆🪆🪆🪆🪆🪆🪆🪆🪆🪆🪆🪆

Have a good day/night ❤️