Time Skip: Carnival

Lillie's POV

So I'm finally nine, yeah. Honestly it felt weird having my first birthday without my parents. Elena, Jeremy, Aunt Jenna and the others tried to make it fun. But I ended up at my parents graves wishing they were back. I miss them so much.

Anyway it's been five months since Elena and I found out about vampires. Turns out witches are real too and Bonnie's one. Meet Damon Salvatore and he's a major jerk face. Uncle John came to town and killed all the tomb vampires. That we had let out. But Caroline got hurt and ended up in hospital. She'll be released tomorrow morning. Also the mayor died in the fire also and his younger brother has returned to town.

But tonight is the school carnival. That Bonnie and Elena organized in Caroline's absence. Anyway as both Jeremy and Elena were going to be at the carnival and with Aunt Jenna at the campus. I've had to go to the carnival with Elena. Not that I'm complaining. There are rides, food, prizes and music.

Oh and before I forget. There's an evil version of Elena in town called Katherine. Something about her seems familiar. Though I'm sure we've never meet before. I think it has something to do with my dreams. I also have a vervain bracelet now. It has my birthstone on it, an Opal.

"Lets ride the Ferris Wheel!" I cheer as Elena and I arrive at the carnival.

"We will, I promise. But first we have to find Bonnie and make sure everything is running smoothly" she tells me.

"But that's no fun" I whine with a pout.

"It won't take long" she assures me. We start our search for Bonnie. It doesn't take us long to find her. Once we do, they start to wonder the carnival taking notes as I followed pouting. I thought the carnival was supposed to be fun? I should of come with Jeremy.

"The ring toss is out of Bart and Homer dolls and Team Jacob T's"  Bonnie lists.

"Okay, I can grab some from the science club. Also we lost a speaker in the karaoke room" Elena tells her.

"Hey, all good Elena, take a beat, look around. This is a huge success" Bonnie states.

"You mean I can do more than just freak vampire havoc?" Elena asks.

"Go figure" Bonnie says and they laugh. Elena looks at a man who is repairing one of the stands.

"Hey, Carter, right? You're with the carnival" Elena says.

"That'll be me" he states.

"Okay, great" Elena says. He spots Bonnie and smiles at her.

"Wow, what do you need beautiful?" he asks her.

"What do you know about karaoke speakers?" she asks shyly.

"Why don't you show me the problem?" he tells her.

"Yeah Bonnie, show him the problem" Elena tells her smiling encouraging. Bonnie agrees and leaves with Carter. "Let me grab the dolls and Ts. Then we can play some games" she tells me.

"Promise?" I ask.

"Promise" she says. We went and got the things she said. And took them to the ring toss. Where she won me a teddy bear. We go to a couple other game stalls and the photo booth. We were about to head for the Ferris wheel with Damon appears.

"Elena, Lillie" he says.

"What do you want, Damon?" Elena asks him annoyed.

"I know I'm the last person you want to see right now but I need you both to come with me" he tells her.

"Whatever it is I'm not interested" Elena tells him.

"Yeah, I need you both to come with me right now, Elena" he states. Elena sighs reluctantly and we follow him inside to Alaric's classroom. Where Stefan soon joins us and Damon tells us Caroline is a vampire.

"How did this happen?" Stefan asks.

"Well, I fed her blood and Katherine obviously killed her and A plus B equals" Damon states.

"But why?" Elena and I ask.

"Because Katherine is a manipulative, nasty, little slut" Damon states.

"Damon language" Elena snaps.

"And she said "game on"? I mean, what does that even mean?" Stefan asks.

"It means she's playing dirty. She wants us to know" Damon tells us.

"But why Caroline?" Elena asks.

"I don't know" Damon answers.

"Caroline must be completely out of her mind, she doesn't even know what's happening to her" Stefan says.

"Oh I think she does. All of my compulsion from the past started wearing off the minute she was in transition" Damon tells us.

"We have to find her" Stefan states.

"Yep and kill her" Damon adds.

"You're not killing Care-bear!" I snap glaring at him. She'd already died once.

"She's right, you're not gonna kill Caroline" Elena agrees.

"She knows who we are. She's officially a liability, and we've got to get rid of her" Damon tells us.

"Damon, absolutely not" Stefan tells him.

"Need I remind you of a tragic little story of a girl named Vicki Donovan? Caroline, of all people, will not make it as a vampire. Her mother is a vampire hunter. Guys come on, we all know how this story's gonna end, just flip to the last chapter and" Damon says.

"It's not an option Damon" Elena tells him.

"No? Your silence is deafening, Stefan. Wait, wasn't there a school carnival the night you staked Vicki? I never had a town where history repeats itself. You know I'm right" Damon says looking at Stefan.

"We're not gonna kill her" Stefan tells him before we left the room.

"Lillie, go find Jeremy" Elena tells me.

"But I want to help" I tell her.

"It's to dangerous, please go find Jeremy" she tells me.

"Fine, but you have to tell me what happens" I tell her pouting. I go look for Jeremy and find him by the Ferris wheel. I run over yelling his name. He turns and catches me.

"I thought you were with Elena" he says confused.

"Care has been turned into a vampire by Katherine. So Elena and the Salvatores are trying to find her" I tell him. "She sent me here, it's to dangerous" I add pouting.

"Well how about a ride then?" he suggests nodding to the Ferris wheel. I agree and he brought us tickets. It was a fun ride. After that we went to the fun house. Before he dropped me off home. Where Jenna had returned. He then left to do something. So Jenna and I watched a movie. Will started one, I fell asleep half way through it.

A/N

Picture above of Lillie's bracelet (imagine the stone is an opal not a ruby) and picture on the external link of the carnival.