Time with Elijah

Lillie's POV

I wake to Elijah beside me, watching me sleep. "Do you always watch people sleep Elijah?" I ask tiredly as I rub sleep from my eyes.

"Of course not Nora" he says with a smile.

"It's Lillie" I correct him.

"Right, Lillie Gilbert. Younger sister of Elena and Jeremy Gilbert" he states sadly.

"Why are you sad?" I ask him confused.

"You have no idea how much we missed you" he tells me.

"You mean my first past life Nora, when I was your little sister" I state.

"So you know you are a reincarnation?" he asks me.

"I do, Katerina told me. Though she didn't really explain a lot. Apparently I'm in danger and each of my past lives didn't live past 12" I state.

"That's right, but don't worry. I won't let you suffer the same fate as them. I will protect you this time and won't fail you again" he tells me.

"You didn't fail Nora Elijah, or Ariel" I assure him. "I want to get to know you and the others. But I miss my current family" I tell him.

"I'll return you to them soon" he assures me. "How old are you now?" he asks me.

"Nine" I answer. "Elijah where are the others?" I ask him.

"Klaus, he's not the man you remember" he tells me sadly. "He throw our siblings into the ocean" he states. I start to tear up and he pulls me into a warm hug. "Don't cry Nora, I'll make him pay for it" he assures me.

"I know you will" I state. "Will we return to Mystic Falls soon?" I ask him curious.

"Yes, but first we're going to Richmond" he tells me.

"Can we ate first?" I ask as my stomach rumbles. He nods his head. He places a fresh change of clothes on the bed beside me. "Thank you" I say and he left the room with a smile.

(Time skip)

I had breakfast and I am wearing the new cloths Elijah got me. The Martins had already gone to Mystic Falls. Luke now goes to the high school. Anyway Elijah and I are in Richmond. "It's a beautiful day, can I please have ice cream?" I ask Elijah.

We near a group of small shops. There was a cafe, ice-cream parlor, book sore, fruit/veg store, barber shop and other small shops like that. There's even a person playing a guitar. "Of course" he says handing me a twenty. "Buy whatever you want and keep the change for yourself" he tells me.

I smile and skipped off to the ice cream parlor. Where I got a choc-chip ice-cream with a flake. I pocketed the change and ate the ice-cream. Before heading back to where I last saw Elijah. To see him looking at the cafe, where they window had broken and there was some smoke. "What happened?" I ask him confused.

"Explosion" he says and grabs me before running off. "So what do you want to do today?" he asks me. "We have all day, before we have to leave for Mystic Falls" he states.

"Can we go to the Aquarium or water park?" I ask him.

"How about both?" he suggests. I nod my head excitedly. It was a great day out. We went to the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center first. Not only did they have animals found in water. They had reptiles too, a few mammals and an American crow. I got a photo with a blue tongue lizard and got to pat a seal.

After that we got me a bathing suit and hit the water park. Where I went on every ride. Elijah didn't join me. But he paid for everything, including photos and lunch. I was tired after that and he carried me back to the car. Where I fell asleep.

I wake up after sun set. "Where are we?" I ask Elijah.

"Just arriving in Mystic falls, it's late. How about I get you dinner and you can go home tomorrow" he suggests. I agree. We just get a kids meal from the grill. Before going to an apartment building. Where Dr Martin invited Elijah in. I finished my dinner and got ready for bed.

Elijah tucks me in. "I had fun today" I tell him. "Can you please sing the song Nora's mum used to sing?" I ask him.

"I'm not very good at it, but of course" he tells me. He hums it as my eyes droop. I soon fall asleep. The last thing I hear is him say "good night Nora".

A/N

Picture above of the Martins and picture on the external link of Slater.