Explain-A-Nation

No one's POV:

The Avengers and teens had been left dumbfounded by girl and the odd boy that followed her.

Tony turns and twirls his finger around a bit, as he struggles to form a sentence. "Who...what..?"

"What the fuck just happened? Like actually." Sam says. He throws a questioning look towards the two gods.

They simply stare and shrug. Though they turn and glance at each other, concern and worry on their faces.

Peter speaks up and points at either of them. "I dont like that look y'all just gave each other. "

Loki grimaces but looks at everyone in the eye carefully. "We are unsure. Of what occurred here."

Thor nods. "Although we can tell you what was supposed to happpen."

"Well was supposed to happen?" Steve motions to the now empty space of where the projection had been. 

"Well Steve Rogers. Loki and I had decided on a grand idea to put Astoria through a series of tests."

"It was your idea," Loki butts in, correcting him.

Thor dismisses his comment and continues. "Simply to see her strengths and weaknesses"

Bucky frowns slightly. "For what?"

Loki leans forward a bit. A smirk forming on his lips. "Well Barnes... Astoria is royalty. We simply must see what needs to be adjusted before introducing her formally."

Tony groans. "Oh great. Another princess."

Shuri claps happily. "Another friend to the list!"

T'Challa rolls his eyes slightly, but smiles nonetheless, quite happy for his sister.

Bucky crosses his arms. "I see a point in it. But I feel like it's too dangerous for her."

Loki raises a brow. "Are you worried about my niece James?"

Bucky scoffs. "Yeah right. Shes still young. She seems new to all of this. To all of us. "He motions to everyone and himself.

Loki shrugs, taking in Bucky's words. "I guess you are right. But..you fail to see the point. You don't know Astoria well. I'm afraid. "

Bucky stiffens, confused. "What do you mean?"

"What do you know about her."

Bucky stammers a bit. "Her name is A-astoria? Shes a mortal? Demigoddess?"

"Goddess." Loki inches closer, clearly towering over the soldier. "Is that really all you know?"

Bucky's jaw clenches, "Yes.."

"Pathetic."

"Loki. That is enough."

Loki rolls his eyes but flashes a smirk at Barnes. Most of the Avengers shift around the room, feeling uncomfortable.

"So. Is she she safe?" Steve asks, extremely concerned.

Thor gives a small shrug, a nod following. " For now yes."
" The hell is that supposed to mean?" Tony demands, stepping forward as he motions his hand at the gods to explain  more.

Loki's lips press into a thin line. " Her mother wasn't someone quite fitting. Greed overtook her mind and so she sought out a plan. A plan to have a child commit her wrongdoings with no consequences  in mind. We-

Thor interrupts Loki. " We just know she was birthed for evil, a prophecy was created foretelling her fate. Its happened and it has passed. There is no need to worry."

A bit of chaos irrupts amongst the Avengers, all yelling out several more questions. Though to the dismay the gods simply shake their heads and head towards the elevator.
" We cannot say more. The rest is for her to tell. We'd love to stay and chat but we have business to attend to. Goodbye friends."

Loki simply gives an eyeroll and a small wave of his hand. An extra wave and possibly a small smile at the teens? Who knows, maybe it was just Tony imagining that.

The gods step back into the elevator.  Choosing to take the normal mortal way of getting down. The give their final waves just as the elevator door closes and descends down.

Tony claps his hands together, getting the attention of a few. " I'm gonna find out more. I'll be in my lab." He announces, and with that he marches right off down to his lab.

" What?! Tony no!" Bruce reasons." They said when she's ready. Don't be stupid here. " he follows after him.

Peter glances at the others. " Uhm. I should probably go....Aunt May is probably waiting for me.." he says as he points to the door.

Shuri nods slowly. " Right. You should probably go and see her." Peter let's out a nervous laugh and nods quickly. " Yea..Yeah. I'll text you guys later!" And with that he dashes off, taking the stairs instead.

Sam slowly breaks away from the group, muttering different things under his breath. "Did Bucky spike my coffee? Or am I dreaming." Bucky pats his back and passes him. " Second option for sure buddy."

The remaining Avengers give each other awkward smiles or simple nods as the go their separate ways. All thinking the same thing probably. ' What really happened?'
__________

IM BACK KIDS. IVE BROUGHT MILK I SWEAR. no but seriously. I'm back. A lot happened. Clever is shit. Professors are shit. But mostly I'm here with new content. Hope this chapter made sense and you enjoyed it.

-A