Ch.2

As I surveyed our new apartment, Aunt  eagerly awaited my response

As I surveyed our new apartment, Aunt  eagerly awaited my response. Taking in the cozy surroundings, a sense of familiarity washed over me, and I couldn't help but draw a parallel to my beloved Lola's house.

"Well, it's lovely," I replied, a smile gracing my lips. "It reminds me of Lola's house," I added, a hint of nostalgia coloring my voice.

Aunt  beamed with delight, her eyes sparkling. "Really? I knew you'd like it," she exclaimed, disappearing into the kitchen momentarily before returning with a glass of water.

"Sit here," she instructed, tapping the small table nearby. I complied, settling lazily into the chair while she gently touched my leg, seeking permission before attending to the bandage.

Nodding in affirmation, I watched as Aunt  carefully rolled up my pants, revealing the bandage beneath. The sight brought back unwelcome memories of the fateful day when my leg had been injured. "I hate seeing that," I mumbled, my voice filled with a mix of frustration and lingering pain. "It reminds me of that horrible day," I added, unable to shake the discomfort that accompanied the reminder.

Aunt  nodded sympathetically, her touch comforting. "I understand, darling. But soon, in just a few weeks, we'll be able to finally remove this bandage," she reassured me, her words laced with hope and optimism. I appreciated her unwavering support and looked forward to the day when I would be free from the reminder of my injury.

Returning to the task of unpacking, I settled onto the couch, intent on making our new apartment feel like home. However, my intentions were interrupted as Aunt swiftly snatched the bag from my grasp.

"[Name], go to the park and explore. I'll take care of organizing things here," she insisted, her voice filled with both firmness and warmth. I protested, determined to assist with the unpacking process, but she shook her head resolutely.

"No, dear. It's important for you to go out, make friends, and immerse yourself in the new surroundings," she gently urged, her eyes filled with a mixture of love and encouragement. With a final nudge towards the door, she smiled and said, "Go make friends. Enjoy the park." And just like that, she closed the door behind me, leaving me standing outside, slightly groaning at the thought of venturing out alone.

With a sigh, I mustered the determination to explore the park and engage with the vibrant world that awaited beyond our apartment walls.