Ch.16

Cheng Pov

Cheng Pov

In front of Master Li, Liang and I were engaged in a fierce sparring match within the dojo.

Liang continued to throw punches and kicks, but I easily avoided them, anticipating his moves. Spotting an opening in his defenses, I swiftly delivered a well-placed kick, sending him flying into the mat's side, where he groaned in pain.

Slowly, Liang got back on his feet and threw another punch, catching me off guard, and he kicked me in the stomach, causing me to groan in pain.

Gathering my composure, I quickly stood up, using his momentum against him, and deftly grabbed his arm, twirling him around and sweeping his feet to knock him off balance.

I took advantage of the opportunity and got on top of him, similar to what I had done to Dre before, delivering a punch to his face while whispering, "Sorry."

Suddenly, a round of applause echoed in the dojo, and I turned to find Master Li smirking at me. "As always, Cheng, but you seem to be distracted," he said, slowly approaching.

He stood in front of me, and the sharp sound of a slap echoed through the room, causing me to groan in pain, while my teammates looked on with concern.

"You think I wouldn't know? I saw both of you during the qixi festival," Master Li remarked sternly.

My eyes widened, my heart raced, and fear gripped me as I stared back at him.

"Stop seeing her, or else I will bring her pain before the tournament, and if you lose, I will do much more," he warned, leaving me speechless.

"Yes, master," I replied, and I believed both Liang and Zhuang understood who he was referring to.

The atmosphere in the dojo turned heavy, and I knew that Master Li's warning meant serious consequences if I didn't comply.

I had been deliberately avoiding [name] all day, even going so far as to switch seats with Liang to keep my distance. However, I couldn't shake the feeling that [name] was staring at me from the back of the room. Despite her presence, I continued to ignore her.

During lunch, I noticed [name] approaching me. As I looked at her, I couldn't help but notice the blush on her cheeks. It was evident that she still cared, but I sternly stopped myself from showing any signs of warmth or affection. Instead, I gave her a cold look and walked away, leaving her behind, even though part of me wanted to smile and hug her.

Later, I found myself hiding behind a corner, observing [name] looking confused and sad in the direction I had gone. Frustration boiled inside me, and in my anger, I impulsively kicked the wall beside me, groaning in frustration.

Just then, Zhuang approached me, calling out my name. "Cheng," he said, concerned.

"Don't even tell her," I said simply, not wanting to involve him in the situation, as I walked past him.