Ch.14

When we get to Mr. Han's house to pick them up, my aunt is dressed in Chinese clothing similar to Aunt Sherry.

When we enter the leaving room, we notice Dre training from Mr. Han.

Aunt Sherry called and the two looked at her, with Dre's eyes widening as he looked at me.

Wow [name], you look awful, he exclaimed, and Aunt Sherry struck him in the shoulder.

"Ow mom, I was joking, she looks beautiful," he said, and I blushed.

Aunt added, "I know that's my niece, and hello, Mr. Han, I'm adeline [name] aunt," and Mr. Han shook hands with her.

It was a pleasure to meet you, ms. adeline , and he look at me "and you appeared to be extremely pretty" he added with a smile

"Come on, dre, we're going to the Qixi festival," aunt Sherry said.

"and you do mr han, I got extra tickets for you and dre change your clothes," aunt sherry said, and mr han resisted, "no mr han, your going with us," I said, dragging him and telling him to change clothes.

"And dre, pick up your jacket," aunt Sherry snarled at him, and I noticed dre's jacket was on the floor, so I stuck my tongue out at him.

When we arrived at the festival, I noticed many couples and children with their families.

I hold my aunt's hand and she smiles at me, saying, "Your really pretty [name]," and I chuckle.

"Thank you auntie for coming with me," I said, and we stopped in the middle of the bridge, where I noticed teenage boys staring at me.

I averted my gaze from them, and they began to whisper, and I rolled my eyes. "Someone catch boys attention," Dre teased, and I punched him.

He laughed and abruptly dragged me away from aunt " aunt mom we were going to explore " dre yelled and aunt sherry kept calling but dre kept dragging me

"Dre, where are we going?" I asked, and he looked around. "I just received a text saying that meiying that we  should meet here," he replied.

And why did you drag me here with you if you are meeting with meiying"

"i just feel like it and i dont want you to be stuck with the elders "

I rolled my eyes as we noticed Meiying running towards us, saying, "hi dre, hi [name], you look so pretty tonight," and hugging me.

"oh meiying  you're so pretty too," I said, confused. "meiying did you ditch cheng to dre?" I asked, and she frowned, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"No, I'm not ditching Cheng, and he's not my date," she said, and I looked at them confused.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you [name] meiying reject cheng," he scratched his neck as I glared at him.

"reject? I don't reject Cheng because he didn't ask me," meiying said, dumbfounded. "I thought you rejected him," dre said, and I rolled my eyes and left this lovebrids.

I was walking around and looking in the stall when Meiying mentioned that Cheng had not asked her.

I sign in confusion when I see a flower stall selling pink roses and quickly walk towards the stall to admire the rose.

"Oh hello, what a lovely evening for a lovely lady like you," he said, and I smiled at him.

"Those were beautiful roses you had," I said, and he smiled and picked it up and handed it to me.

I shake my hands at him and say, "No, I'm sorry, I can't buy that because I don't have any money," and I feel someone in my back.

"How much is it?" someone asked in Chinese in my back.

"It's free, boy, I'm giving it to her," the man said, and a person in my back took the rose.

I turned around to see Cheng towering over me, saying, "Good evening [name], you look pretty," and handing me the rose.

I take it shyly and feel myself blush. "Thank you," I wisper, and I feel him touch my hand and drag me ahead.

"Cheng, where are we going?" I asked, but he was still dragging me, and we ended up in a dark area, which made me nervous.

I felt Cheng in my back and he suddenly hugged me from behind, saying, "Just wait, they're going to show up," and I relaxed.

Suddenly, the surroundings lit up, and I saw thousands of fireflies all around us. I smiled, and I looked in front of Cheng, who was just staring at me.

"You look so pretty tonight in that dress," he said, touching my check.

I keep staring at him, and my heart is pounding. "I thought you asked meiying?" I said, and he chuckled. "I thought to myself to, but I always think about you," he said, making me blush.

" [Name] I like you," he said, and I smiled.

"Cheng, I  think falling for you is wrong because you bully my bestfriend"

" but I can't help but fall for you."

As he confessed his love, tears welled up in my eyes, and I finally admitted to myself that I had feelings for him too. Despite our brief encounter, I realized that my heart had already been drawn to Cheng. With a chuckle, he said, "I love you, [name] [last name], and I'm positively sure of it."

As Cheng and I shared that magical moment at the Qixi festival, time seemed to stand still. The soft glow of the fireflies surrounded us, creating an otherworldly ambiance. "I love you too, Cheng," I whispered, my heart fluttering with joy and uncertainty.

Cheng smiled warmly, gently wiping away a tear from my cheek. "I promise you, [name], I'll make up for my past mistakes and treat you with the love and respect you deserve," he vowed, sincerity shining in his eyes.

"I believe you," I replied softly, my heart telling me to take a chance on this newfound connection. We both knew it wouldn't be easy, considering our history, but something about Cheng's honesty and determination made me willing to give our relationship a chance.

As we walked back to the others, hand in hand, I couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and nervousness. Aunt Sherry and Dre noticed the change in my demeanor and exchanged knowing glances.

"So, what happened between you two?" Aunt Adeline asked playfully.

"We talked," Cheng replied with a smile, squeezing my hand reassuringly.

Aunt Sherry nodded approvingly. "Well, young love can be quite powerful, and I trust you both to make it work," she said, showing her support.

Dre chimed in, "Yeah, you guys make a good couple."

Throughout the rest of the festival, Cheng and I spent time getting to know each other better. We laughed, shared stories, and enjoyed the festivities together.