Blue Eyes

"We have two on our six, Osprey!" Moose cries, and I turn my head, seeing the two dark shapes in the corner of my vision.

"Shit." I mutter, throwing the plane into a series of turns that makes my RIO groan.

"Where the hell is our wingman!" I yell, twisting the plane to the left, trying to stay out of range of missile lock.

"I don't know!"

I pull the joystick upwards, putting the plane in an ascent. I groan at the pressure, but pull the plane to the right, going into an inverted dive.

"Wolverine, where the hell are you? We have Warlock on our tail!" Moose yells into the com.

Warlock, our trainer, is currently manning the jet behind us. He is following our movements closely, and his friend, Cutthroat,  has moved to cut us off.

"We're dead, dipshit!" Wolverine replies. I hear his RIO, Whiplash, grumbling behind him.

It's just us.

"I have an idea." I breath. "Hold on."

I slam the joystick upwards again, veering to the left, before cutting the engines. I watch Warlock fly past us as I gun the engines again, pulling into attack position.

    The beeping on my dash notified me that I had missile lock on Warlock.

"Warlock down!" I call into the com.

"Cutthroat is on top of us!" Moose cries, and I send us into a series of turns, trying to shake him.

"Come on, baby," I say to the plane as I send it into another twist. "Don't fail me now."

"Osprey, go up!" Moose yells, and I obey, pulling the jet up. I groan as we start to pull Gs, the sun shining directly into my face.

"Level out!" Moose cries, and I pull out into a shallow dive.

Cutthroat is just above us, his wings putting us into shadow. He can no longer see us on his radar, and I know he is peering around in confusion.

I hear Moose take a deep breath as I slowly fly to the left, gaining altitude.

I hesitate, worried.

"Do it, Osprey." Moose whispers. I yank the joystick upwards, pulling us behind and above Cutthroat, initiating missile lock.

We made it.

We're headed to Topgun.

Characters:

-Ashley 'Osprey' Yang.
Pilot

  "You are nothing but a sexist cocky pilot who is afraid a girl will outfly him

"You are nothing but a sexist cocky pilot who is afraid a girl will outfly him."

-Billy 'Moose' Abberton .