Completion

In the town of Nighthorn, it was a very late night. The town was quiet, everyone's lights were turned off, and families were getting ready for bed; for others, it appeared to be a usual night, but I knew it was time.

I got out of bed and hurriedly gathered all of my vital belongings, which she gave me in a little bag. The ground began to tremor violently, causing the city to move as if there had been an earthquake. I dashed over to my window and peered outside.

Nighthorn was bathed in bright lights. The sky was a crimson hue. They were, nevertheless, present. As though someone was chasing me, I opened my bedroom door and ran outside. He was standing a few feet from my front door when I arrived. As I stood on my front porch, a smile spread across my face. As he put out his arm to me, I thought to myself, "I knew he'd come."

He said, "Sunniva, take my hand." As all of my memories of Nighthorn ran through my mind, I carefully stepped up to him and grasped his hand. Finally, I'm free.

It's time to get out of this mess. Free of deception. I am no longer traumatized. But, most crucially, free of this hate-filled planet. I knew he'd come to my rescue at some point, but I didn't know when.

My spine and the rest of my body were tingling with bliss. I knew I was on my way back home.

After that, I awoke.

I realized it had all been a dream.

                                                                                         ***