Chapter 2- SCENE 2

It was a Saturday morning in Nighthorn. After a long night, the bright morning arrives. Bad times come and go, but good times are on their way... Just hold on. That is a normal-written quote from my mother's journal. The rest was just strange. It's difficult for me to understand. When I told Clarice about my experience, she said she had two friends who had gone through something similar. She didn't say much about them.

"I want you guys to meet," she told me, rubbing my hand and lightly patting it.

"You are not alone."

Clarice smiled as she climbed to the top of my bed lying down. Those were her last words for the night.

As I walk barefoot outside, a gleam of a heavenly orb bathes my skin, and dead leaves crunch beneath my feet as I walk through the mist in the air. Winter was on its way, I could tell. As I walked slowly through the forest, the calming aroma of fresh herbs hit my nose, relaxing my mind. It's so peaceful. Away from everyone and everything. Aunt Visha in particular. I took a whiff of the dark and smoky smell of pinecones falling from the trees one by one. I breathed a sigh of relief and began twirling around in the forest. A sense of faint freedom engulfed my body, causing a surge of joy. I giggled and smiled, hoping for my dream to come true. A sudden voice called my name through the woods.

Sunniva...

My legs moved cautiously away from the voice, as if they had their own brain. Why would this happen again so soon? As the morning birds sang their song, my feet shuffled through the debris. I moved to the north of the voice. However, it was still behind me. It's ringing in my ears. I shut my eyes tight, hoping it would go away.

Please don't take this away from me, whatever you are.

This is the only time when I feel normal.

Thud...

Thud...

Thud...

My legs were still moving. I was walking somewhere, but my mind went dark.

Sunniva, where are you?

I turned around to look for the voice. But there was no one behind me. "Please leave!" My scream echoed throughout the forest.

Sunniva!

"Go away!"

Sunniva!

"Please go away!"

Sunniva!

My face twisted in rage, and my jaw clenched.

"I told you to leave!"

Clarice was walking through the forest, the twigs crunching beneath her feet.

"I was looking for you, Sun,"

She was still dressed in her yellow satin pajamas and gray slippers.

"We usually go exploring together."

 "Well, Uncle Fallon did tell me so."

I rubbed the back of my neck.

"I'd been looking for you all morning," Clarice said. She lowered her gaze to my feet.

"Barefoot, eh?"

"What's the problem?"

"Nothing," Clarice said as she removed her shoes and placed them near a fallen tree. She took my hand in hers and looked me in the eyes.

"Are you ready?"

Because of the fog in the air, I had deep clouds come out of my mouth.

"And where are we going this time?"

"Don't worry,"

"This will be fun."