78.

Songs:

Parachute - Jaymes Young
I love you - Billie Eilish
M83- Wait

Elaine's POV

India offers to take over the shoot while I sat in the back, observing them as they came in. She was completely ecstatic when I agreed. When she asked me why, I told her I wasn't feeling well.

And it was the truth. While they were applying makeup and dressing him, I felt the consequences from running through the rain this morning hit me even harder. Beads of sweat studded my forehead. Fatigue tired my muscles.

But I chose not to leave early. I couldn't risk failing this shoot. I couldn't risk losing this job. If I lose this job, I'd lose the apartment.

...

He was a natural at this. Every shot that appeared on the screen of the computer was, almost perfect. There was no angle of him that looked remotely bad. I guess being in front of a camera for as long as he has, it would only make sense for him to be a natural at this.

"Can you smile for this one, Harry," India calls out to him.

For a fleeting moment, he hesitates and I swear, he looks my way. The reason why he would, I'm not sure myself. Now that I look back at the pictures, he hasn't smiled in anyone of them. It's all the same stern, serious businessman expression.

"Sure," he replies casually.

He does as India asks and when he flashes that signature smirk of his, even though it's one derived of one asking, I suddenly remember that all I wanted, all I wished during that time six years ago, was to see him smile again.

At least now that he's with Alice, she can make him smile again. She can make him happy. Something I long to do but never could.

After the shoot is finished and everyone takes off, I approach him with intentions of telling him goodbye, something that's long overdue. Even though my head is throbbing, I think it's time to have this conversation.

With a deep breath, I knock on the door of the dressing room.

"Come in," he calls out.

Twisting the knob, I step inside and see him standing in the middle of the room with his bare back facing me.  For some reason, I still get a little apprehensive about being in the same room as him, even if it's just his back that I'm looking at.

He's talking to someone on the phone, and I urge myself not to eavesdrop.  I stand in silence, trying to keep myself distracted from listening in with the abstract lines of the hardwood floor.

But as the conversation goes on, it only gets more difficult not to listen.

"Maybe I should wait outside," I say quietly to myself. I'm about to step out the door but he turns around and tells me to wait.

"Yes, I am aware of that," he says sternly to the other person on the phone.  "I'm not making a mistake .... Yes, I'll be back before the week ends ... There's no need to worry about her."

Maybe this was a bad idea.

I turn around to leave, but I'm suddenly stopped when he notices me.

"Miss Woods.   Could I help you with something?"

"Umm ... I just wanted to ask if you wanted to grab a few drinks," I ask. He watches me with a slight hint of wary.  "To catch up. But it's okay. I see it's a bad time."

"No, it's not. I'll be right out."

"Where's Alice? Will she be joining us?"

"She just left."