51.

Songs: In Love Again - Colbie Caillat

Harry's POV*

A combination of relief and joy surges through me as I rejoice in this rare moment of Elaine. She's the only woman I've ever met who has been cynical about love. And now she has bravely opened up her heart and given me a second chance.

And this time, I'm not going to screw it up. I can't afford to do anything stupid to ruin this again.

The music seems to end too quickly when I feel Elaine pull away from me. There's a thin sheet of sweat on her face illuminating her face from the stifling heat. She wears a grin that makes her clear, blue eyes light up, causing the pounding in my chest to quicken.

"You should take off that leather jacket," I advise. She gives me the suspecting brow. "You're going to suffocate from the heat."

"I'm fine, Harry," she lies.

"You're sweating." Aware of my actions, I lightly brush a piece of her dark blonde hair away from her forehead. I note that she doesn't retract from my touch.

"There's a breeze. You should know," she contests. Her eyes darts to my thin, transparent shirt.

"What? What's wrong with this shirt?" I ask, slightly offended. She's no right to criticize my sense of style. That's literally my last name. Plus, I do have a reputation to uphold.

"Nothing, nothing. It's ... lovely," she comments as she watches me carefully, wary of my reaction.

Before long, I find myself chuckling, confusion etches over her face as she keeps her eyes on me. She honestly thinks this shirt is lovely. It's obvious she's trying to spare my feelings.

A gust of wind blows through the air, picking up her hair in the most elegant way possible. I notice for the first time today that there is a cool breeze. It's quite refreshing.

"Well, thank you for being honest," I smile.

I can visibly see her shoulders relax as her concerned expression turns into one of relief.

"Since we're being honest here," I say, clearing my throat to sound more blasé. "You should wear dresses more often."

"What?" She scans downward at the blazing orange garment on her before she looks up at me, her eyes filled with shock and a hint of sadness, oddly. Regret immediately rushes over me and I suddenly want to try anything possible to make her happy.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"No, it's just.." she pauses, her eyes suddenly distant, as if she remembers something very unpleasant. "Kai said the same thing to me."

There's a small pause as I process her words.

Kai. Her ex boyfriend, Kai.

"Well, Kai was right about at least one thing." I tell her and a smile replaces the sullen look on her face, the scar he left in her heart reopening because of me.

It bothers me. To know that he said it first.

What else has he been her first for?

First kiss? First date? First --?

"But the color of this dress isn't made for me," she says, breaking my train of thought. Which I'm glad for. I don't want to finish that thought.

Her hands pinch the hem of the dress, playing with the fabric. The urge in me to grab her hand and tell her that she would look great in anything is interrupted when they announce that lunch is ready in the cafeteria. The moment has gone and I can't decide whether I should still take Elaine's hand or not. Her hand is at my disposal, but my arm won't budge. I don't have the courage.