Chapter 145: [Operation Spearhead VII (Khabarovsk (Night))]

[Khabarovsk]

When night came, the whole group then took the chance to camp out at a certain empty building, as they lit up a bon fire by using some of the burnable materials they found lying around the city, and took a rest. By taking a rest the whole group naturally were circling the fire to keep themselves warm as the temperature in Russia is quite low to the point that one could freeze to death when wearing a thin clothing.

As Commanding officer Zhang is currently maintaining his weapons in check to be on good condition at all times, Farid and Richard on the other hand were currently talking to each other as they come up with topics to entertain themselves. Speaking of Yuti, she herself is currently on cooking duty as she prepares the small dinner for the whole group.

Kanzaki on the other hand was currently on a look out as he leaned back on the wall and currently observing the stark dead city outside the window. As he observed his surroundings, Kanzaki is somewhat entertaining himself as he puff out a cold breath from his mouth  and rub his hands against each other to cause a heating friction.

Soon after somewhat time had passed by, Kanzaki was then called out by Yuti as she informed the whole group that their dinner is ready. After being called out, Kanzaki simply took one last glance outside the window before he headed towards the group and take their warm dinner in delight.

While in the middle of their meal, when everyone had finally calmed down their tension in this area, Commanding Officer Zhang then offered up his suggestion as everyone attentively listened to his words.

"Upon seeing that no one is currently settling in this city, we then had no further reason to stay in this city for long... But we did learn that some people used to inhabit this place, and seemingly after draining out this place remaining resources, those people naturally left elsewhere"

"Then where should we go next?" asks Richard seemingly one of the active people in the group

After hearing that question, Commanding Officer Zhang then took out a huge map of Russia as he laid it unto the floor and begun drawing up their route pattern.

"We are currently here in Khabarovsk, from here we will then continue north till we arrive at the town of Amursk... Quite a small town nevertheless this town will prove to be beneficial as this is one of the entrance way heading to Komsomol'skana-Amure, one of the biggest city in Russia... if my hypothesis is right, then perhaps we could encounter some inhabitants in this city, or better yet a reconnaissance of the people in the small town of Amursk"

"Those are one complicated names" commented Yuti

"At most by this distance, it will take us at least two days till we arrive at the town of Amursk, but one day if there is no obstruction, unfortunately no obstructions is quite a high toll in an apocalyptic world" analyzed Farid

Hearing their words, Commanding officer Zhang nodded his head in agreement as he continued on.

"And that is why having a vehicle to carry us around will be quite beneficial to us, by tomorrow at exactly 500 sharp, Farid and I will be returning back to where we left the vehicle and come pick up the rest of the team on the northern road... while we are currently retrieving the vehicle, i want everyone to stay sharp on their surrounding as you guys occasionally report your situation... if something strange pop up, do not be afraid to take action... does everyone get that clear?"

"Sir yes sir!" said everyone simultaneously

"Alright! everyone finish your meal and digest it quickly before heading to bed, Kanzaki! you'll take the first watch, the rest of us will take turns in guarding everyone... in 3 hours time, Farid will then take over the watch, followed by Richard, Yuti, and Me... Do i make myself clear?"

"Sir yes sir!" responded everyone

As they finished up their meal, everyone then begun to do their own things for about an hour before finally hitting the deck.

As the rest of the team were currently slumbering on their sleep, Kanzaki on the other hand sat by the window of the building as he look out towards the empty city and begun chatting awy towards Isabelle through his comms to easily pass the time.

[Kanzaki: "Hey! How its going on your side?"]

[Isabelle: "Me? I'm quite fine, to be exact all of us are on our toes just by constantly checking your guys situation... after all a slight distraction could literally put anyone in danger"]

{Kanzaki: "Quite sound Hectic"}

{Isabelle: "Yeah! We may sound hectic just by listening to my current situation, but you guys on the other hand is still working in a dangerous place, compared to yours... ours is quite a safe haven"]

[Kanzaki: "Well that is true! anyways have you eaten yet?"]

[Isabelle: "Don't worry about me! I'm currently eating a cup noodle, a fast and cheap kind of meal"]

[Kanzaki: "It may be fast and cheap, but its not nutritious of any sort, Its quite bad for the health if repeatedly taken you know"]

[Isabelle: "Fine! whatever! you almost sound like my mom when she's nagging"]

[Kanzaki: "I do? wait... is she..."]

[Isabelle: "Don't misunderstand... My mom is alive, we survived the apocalypse together, as for my dad... well he's already dead even before the apocalypse"]

[Kanzaki: "I see... Well at least you still have your mom"]

[Isabelle: "Yeah! I'm quite grateful... anyways... looks like your just talking to me to pass by the time"]

[Kanzaki: "Wait! How did you... Don't tell me that Alice had also done this?"]

[Isabelle: "What? No! i just guessed you know... plus based on the stats panel that is currently displayed right in front of me, Alice seems to be asleep"]

[Kanzaki: "I see... That's good to hear, anyways thanks for taking the time talking tome... truth be told I'm quite in a dilenma on how i would spend the rest of my time... why don't we talk for a bit more?"]

Hearing his suggestion, Isabelle then happily accepted his proposal as they talked throughout the whole 3 hours. 

As three hours easily went by, Farid then slowly woke up from his slumber as he nudged Kanzaki to take a rest and immediately switched places with him. With that Kanzaki then nodded in agreement as he went to sleep.