Chapter 163 : [Operation Spearhead Part 2 (Yakutsk)]

[Yakutsk, Russia]

A few days later, the whole group then finally arrived at Yakutsk. The moment they arrived at the capital city, they were immediately mesmerized by the scenery it portrays even from afar. One of its noting building is the Museum building, totaling 70,000 SF, is sited at the foot of the Tchoutchour Mouran, a hill that punctuates the vast flat landscape of western Yakutsk. The New Yakutsk building's box-like volume, the most efficient and simple of shapes, turns up where it meets the hill to emulate the rising geography.

Naturally patterned by the effects of shifting permafrost cycles, cells planted with native grasses, mosses and trees have been reintroduced to the landscape, reflecting the existing topography and improving site hydrology. Designed as a low-impact, highly insulated, and well-conditioned response to the extreme climate, the new Yakutsk Museum building is elevated on structural supports 20 feet above the patterned ground. Minimal surface area contact enables as little heat transfer as possible to the thermally sensitive permafrost.

The envelope is constructed of a super-insulated double wall glazed façade with an Aerogel lattice network situated between the glazing layers. Natural light is provided to the interior perimeter zones while Aerogel's silica pores trap gas modules to slow down the transfer of heat energy. Inverted legs on the roof act as light collectors, capturing sunlight form the south and west. Light monitors, positioned to disrupt wind patterning and minimize snow drifting on the roof, regulate shades to prevent heat loss. Energy use in this new Yakutsk building is reduced by the efficient daylight capture as well as the use of high-efficiency artificial lighting, efficient chillers and boilers, air heat recovery, displacement ventilation, and the well-insulated envelope. Wind turbines and solar photo-voltaic cells produce electricity which is stored on site, reducing the building's dependency on the grid.

The building has been designed so the worlds of the museum and scientific research can coexist without contamination. Visitors are afforded views of restricted levels the mechanical and research lab levels by escalators that take them in a climate controlled tube through the building up to the museum level.

Many of the city's houses and buildings are built on stilts buried deep into the ground, which ventilate their undersides and prevent them from melting the permafrost. Even water and gas lines are often above ground, snaking around the city. The good news is, Yakutsk has much more to offer than its unique climate.

A city of over 300,000 people, Yakutsk is just 300 miles south of the Arctic Circle and becomes so cold in the winter that residents don't wear eye glasses outside because they freeze to the skin. Due to this such city is often called a land of permafrost.

Soon after when they finally stopped at their rendezvous point, all the members of the group then exited the vehicle as numerous people from the chaos breaker organization situated in Russia begun their maintenance of the car.  While this was happening, they were then led into a room where the other teams are supposedly to meet. However the moment they arrived in the room, they all realized that they were the first team to arrive at the capital.

In that moment, Commanding officer Zhang begun talking to the guiding officer about the situation at hand in Russian language.

Где две другие команды, которые должны встретиться с нами здесь?
(Where are the other two teams that is supposed to rendezvous with us here?)

Они еще не приехали! но они скоро будут здесь, так что вам, ребята, нужно подождать здесь... мы также привезем сюда другие команды
(They haven't arrived yet! but they will be here soon, so you guys need to wait here... we will also bring the other teams here)

Я вижу, тогда вы, ребята, принесете нам что-нибудь освежающее, мы сильно высохли от долгого путешествия, также, пожалуйста, заправьте бензобак нашей машины.
(I see, then will you guys bring us some refreshments, were quite parched from the long travel, also please refill the gas tank of our vehicle)

Понял! мы пришлем кого-нибудь сюда, чтобы разместить вас и ваших людей
(Understood! we will send someone here to accommodate you and your men)

After talking to the guiding officer for quite awhile, Commanding officer Zhang then took a seat as he reassured everyone that this was the right place. Soon after drinks were then brought inside as the Russian natives served the guest of their country. Naturally while taking their fill, Commanding officer Zhang reviewed everyone of what they know to pass time.

"Today, Yakutsk is known as the administrative, political, cultural, and scientific center for the entire Russian Far East Federal Region. But it didn't start that way. Founded by Cossack explorer Pyotr Beketov in 1632, Yakutsk and its surrounding region served as a place of exile for Russian revolutionaries in the mid-17th century. Due to its severe climate, the government of the Russian Empire considered the area to be "a prison without bars"

"......"

"Yakutsk is a major port on the Lena River, one of three rivers that flow into the Arctic Ocean. The Lena Pillars are one of the main tourist attractions. The 650-foot-tall limestone columns look over the river and are part of a 3 million-acre nature park with tundra, taiga, and dunes. There is no bridge or road anywhere in the Sakha Republic that crosses the Lena River. One of the most remote cities in the world, there's only one road connecting Yakutsk to the rest of the highway system — the Lena Highway. That road is only accessible by ferry in the summertime, or by driving directly over the frozen water in the dead of winter"

"....."

"And although Yakutsk does host two airports, the Yakutsk Airport and the Magan Airport, flying to the city during the colder months can, at times, be impossible. With an average winter temperature of negative 40 degrees Fahrenheit, the cold can dip low enough to freeze jet fuel"

"....."

"Thus if the terrorist group wanted to conceal their tracks while also make their escape to an even more secluded place, they will have to pass through this area... plus the information regarding them that we have collected in Komsomol'skana Amure leads us to this place, thus we have the ever more reason to investigate the area"

After quite awhile when commanding officer Zhang kept talking about what the whole team know, the door was once more opened as another group rushed in while talking in a loud voice. Among those loud voices was the voice of a guy who is somewhat trying to get the attention of a female agent. surprisingly this agent was Alice herself.

But the moment Alice saw Kanzaki in the room sitting on a sofa, she quickly disregarded the guys talking trying to approach her as she ran over and hugged Kanzaki from behind.

"What the heck are you doing?" complained by Kanzaki

but in response to his question, Alice simply hugged him tighter with an intent to break his bones.

"Keep quiet and savor the moment, i need to do this in order to get rid of the guys trying to approach me"

"Bullshit your just trying to shift the aggro to me!!!"

"Too late for that!"

"God damnit!!!"