Affogato meets Clotted Cream

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Clotted Cream. Elected Consul of the Crème Republic,"
The blonde bowed down and greeted the dark haired male in front of him.
"Greetings. I'm Affogato. I hope to be acquainted to you,"
Affogato greeted back with a sly grin.
It was a little weird how they greeted each other, especially as they both held the book, trying to snatch it out the other's hand.
"Why not you give up this book Consul? Someone might need it much more~"
Affogato coaxed sweetly as he tried to take the book from Clotted Cream.
"My sincerest apologies Affogato, but I need this book for my research and it would be much appreciated if you gave it up to me,"
Clotted Cream argued back as he pulled the book towards him.
Of course they would argue over the last copy of a magic book. Quite clearly it wasn't to much of an issue as they both were speaking as quietly as possible and weren't being a bother to the other people trying to purchase items.
"Why surely there is a way for us to both be content!"
Clotted Cream hummed, starting to become a little frustrated now. Affogato nodded, his smile growing larger as he loosened his grip a little, partially expecting Clotted Cream to snatch the book out.
"Mhm? Has the Consul found a way?"
Affogato said teasingly.
"Actually, indeed I have. We split the pay, and read the book together. That way we both get what we need. Though it'd be much more convenient to have a book of our own, but it's fine for now,"
Clotted Cream said as he too loosened his grasp on the hard covered book. Affogato gave him a sly smile. He wasn't in the mood to argue. The sky was clear and the clouds were fluffy, otherwise a perfect day. To ruin it over a book would be a shame. And he couldn't possibly argue with such a charming man no? So he agreed. They split the pay two ways and agreed to read the book together.
It did however prove to be an issue when it came to the end of the day. Who would bring the book home.
It was at this point they both realised, there was no actual solution. They couldn't chop the book in half or anything, it'd just ruin a good book.
"Why not I try duplication magic?"
Clotted Cream suggested as he held up a hand.
"I say why not,"
Affogato said to the blonde, who gave him a grin.
Clotted Cream did the magic, the book starting to glow. Nothing happened at first, causing Affogato to laugh a little. That was cut short after a book crashed onto his head.
"EEP-!"
Affogato yelped in shock as the book dropped to the ground, an exact copy of the book from earlier. Affogato felt a little sore after the book crashed to his head, but snatched up the book and flipped through it. The contents were the same, so it was still usable.
"You're quite skilled in magic,"
Affogato said with a charming smile.
"Why yes I am! Would you like to be friends?"
Clotted asked.
"I say why not! Please to become closer to you!"
Affogato chirped as he shook Clotted Cream's hand. It just so happened that Dark Cacao walked past.
Part of him wondered what on Earthbread was going on until he saw Affogato and Clotted Cream shaking hands.
(This is a time where Dark Cacao doesn't see Clotted Cream as an enemy, but sees Affogato as a threat)
"Clotted Cream...Why are you shaking hands with that snake..?"
Dark Cacao questioned from afar.
"Mhm? What do you mean by 'snake'..?"
Clotted asked, oblivious to the situation as Affogato looked in fear.
"I see...Why not you do a favour and hand him over for a moment..."
Dark Cacao said as he held his sword. Clotted Cream yelped in shock as Dark Cacao charged forward and got ready to slice Affogato in half.
"E-EEP! FORGIVE ME MY KING!"
"NEVER YOH DECEITFUL SNAKE!"
Dark Cacao yelled as he chased Affogato about.
"L-Lord Dark Cacao! What is the meaning of this! Please stop!"
Clotted Cream screamed as he tried to hold the man back with his ribbons.
"Oh...You're friends..? Why not you JOIN HIM!"
"AHHHHH"

Dark Cacao was now chasing both of them around with his sword as Pure Vanilla and Hollyberry watched from the sidelines.
"Oh my...I'm going to step on soon..."
Hollyberry said.
"Y-Yes...Dark Cacao really should stop this bad habit of his..."
Pure Vanilla stammered before Hollyberry rushed off to protect Affogato and Clotted Cream.
Pure Vanilla could only sigh as he got ready to heal anyone who got injured.