5. It Begins

Cal felt another sharp pain enter his chest, Trilla landing a rough punch. Cal fell back into the wall, stunned. Trilla wasnt holding anything back, as she landed blow after blow to Cal's body. He wanted to the pain to stop but, that would mean the children on the Holocron would be doomed.

"TRILLA." He yelled, stopping The Inquisitor in her tracks.

Cal fell to a knee, stopping himself from falling to the ground.

"What is it Cal, have you changed you're decision?" She replied, looking down at the hurt boy below her.

"W-what...or, why are you doing this? I saw you come back to the light, right before Vader showed up. You dont have to do this to us Trilla."

She paused for a second, looking directly at Cal. Her helmet was removed from her head, casually tossing it to the ground. She grabbed Cal's shirt collar, bringing him within eye level of her.

"Who's us Cal? You mean the children on Cordova's Holocron? You are causing all of this pain upon yourself. I warned you in the beginning didnt I? I warned you that the empire and myself would do whatever it took to get you to open that Holocron. I intend to fulfill that promise to Lord Vader and The Emperor."

"What are they.....what are they going to do to those children?"

"The Empire will protect them from the rebel fighters and people like you Cal. The Jedi take children just like we do."

"Protect them? Is that what they did to you and every other Inquisitor? The last time I checked, you all were tortured and turned to the dark side without much choice."

"You dont know what you are talking about Cal. But you soon will experience all the pain and suffering we had to go through. Those kids on that Holocron. Why do they mean so much to you?"

"Those children will help Cere and I defeat you and The Empire."

Trilla laughs, pushing Cal's body into the wall, hard.

"Cere is weak, just like yourself. It doesnt matter how many children you have. The Empire will destroy them all if they get in our way. All the Empire wants is peace, yet you Jedi seem to not want that."

"Peace? What peace are we talking about Trilla? All I see is the empire killing innocent people and killing Jedi."

"People who get in the way of the empire will be destroyed, it's quite simple really Cal. Why cant you get that through your thick skull? That's why it would be much simpler for you to open the Holocron, and join us."

"I will never join you, ever. You and your fellow colleagues are monsters."

"WE ARE WHAT OUR MASTERS AND LOVED ONES MADE US. We were betrayed by the people we loved and sold out here. You act like you understand how things work around here, but you dont. You have no idea what we went through to get here Cal!"

Cal fell silent, she was right. He didnt know hat she went through but, he could feel the pain and hatred in her voice.

"Cat got your tounge Cal? Or are you realizing that everything I'm saying to you is the truth. I have nothing to gain by lying to you."

"I highly doubt that. You would do anything to make me open that thing."

"Almost anything, Cal. I do not resort to lying to get what I want."

"I'm still not opening that Holocron. Do your worst Trilla, I'm prepared."

Trilla pulls a pair of cuffs from her back, placing them on Cal's hands. She tightened them enough so he wouldnt be able to get out of them easily. She walks over to where her helmet was, picking it up and placing it back onto her head.

"Move along Cal. Dont try to run, I'm right behind you." She says, ushering him to the door.

Trilla pushes Cal towards the door, while she opens it with the Force. He begins walking down the long hallways, passing by Storm and Purge Troopers.

They took a couple of turns until they reached a door Cal was all too familiar with. She typed a code into the door, opening it. She forcefully makes Cal go through, even though he'd like not to.

Trilla leads Cal over to the torture device, placing the young Jedi in it. She secured his body in the device, strapping him tightly. A deep fear arose to the jedi. He could feel the pain and suffering emanating off of the device. Many a jedi were tortured and killed with this machine. He retured his gaze upon Trilla. She began pressing some buttons on the controller panel. Sparks of electricity eminated from the machine, reminding Cal of his fate.

Cal watched helplessly as the two metal rods closed, making contact with his skin. The pain was defining, his screams of agony filling the room. Trilla watches, not saying a word. You could say that she was amused with the boys torture. He'd put her through so much trouble on their adventures. Think of it as a sort of revenge, for getting The Grand Inquisitor involved in her matters.

"Foolish Child." She whispered

Cal's eyes met her red visor, tears falling from his. This pain was, something else. He'd been hit with a blaster bolt, and even slashed with a lightsaber. But this pain was on another level. The idea of him enduring this pain everyday strained his mind. He knew that he was strong but, was he really up to this daily? That thought worried the boy. If he gave up and gave into Trilla, he'd betray his master. The person who sacrificed himself to allow Cal to live on.

Trilla turned the machine off after 30 minutes or so. Cal was able to remain awake but, the damage had been done. Mentally and physically. He could barely make out the figure of The Inquisitor moving towards him. Her hand lifted his chin up, to match her red visor.

"I guess I was right, Cal. You are stronger than you look." Trilla adds, rubbing his cheek.

He wanted to pull away but he was far too weak to move. She rubbed a tear that fell from his eyes.

"Are you, crying Cal? I thought Jedi weren't allowed to show emotions."

"I-Im...not crying."

"Oh but I think you are. I've told you this before Cal, haven't I? You have complete control of your current stay here. All you have to do is open Cordova's Holocron. If you do that, The Empire will show you mercy."

"Mercy? In what way?"

"You will be trained to be an Inquisitor, just like I was, by Lord Vader."

"L-Lord....V-Vader? Why him?"

"Lord Vader trained all of us and that would include you, if you accept our offer. So Cal, what's it going to be? Continue killing yourself or the chance to become something better?"

"I don't....I don't want Lord Vader to train me....I won't accept if that's the case."

Trilla turns to face Cal, removing her helmet in the process. Her eyes stared at Cal, intently.

"Lord Vader has been very busy with The Grand Inquisitor at the moment. I could possibly train you."

Cal met her eyes.

"Then....I...."

"What is it Cal? You're going to have to speak louder."

Cal looked to the ground, a small puddle of blood leaked onto the floor. He was hurt, mentally more than physically. He was at a roadblock. Cere and his friends haven't tried to do anything for him, he knew that much.

"Cal?"

"What?"

"You were saying....?"

"Oh right. I uh....I need more time. Just please stop this for today. I beg you."

"Begging huh. As you wish. You will remain here until I return tomorrow at noon."

Trilla placed her helmet back onto her head, heading towards the door. Before leaving, she turned her head slowly.

"Oh and one more thing Cal." She says, getting the boys attention. "If I were you, I'd really think about your decision tomorrow."

And with that, The Inquisitor left the room, leaving the broken boy alone....