7. Revelations

The alarm next to Trilla's bed went off, earning a soft groan from The Inquisitor. She looked at the clock, it read 7 am. Trilla rolled around in her bed, curling herself into the blanket. She had forgot to set her alarm to the right time...again. That had been the third time this week she had done that to her self.

Trilla groaned again, sitting herself up in the bed. Her body had been sore from the day before, training Purge Troopers and Fighting Ninth Sister in practice. She had been getting far to aggressive to her liking. Trilla's abilities still far exceeded the Ninth Sister's however, so she beat her shortly after. The Ninth Sister is extremely talented in the force and she is a gifted duelist. Her arrogance was what led to Cal besting her on Kashyyyk. The Ninth Sister's arrogance and ego were holding her back. She needed to learn how to control herself in battle, if she did that, she'd virtually be unstoppable.

Trilla decides the best form of action was to get up and eat. Being lazy and moping in bed wasn't going to do anything good for The Inquisitor. Her kitchen was surprisingly nice, filled with items of her liking. Being an Inquisitor gave her more leverage over a normal Purge Trooper. They were relegated to only the mess hall's below average food. She felt grateful, in a sense, her job was way more dangerous, and she was rewarded for it.

She whipped up some eggs and toast, something simple but oh so delicious. As she ate, her mind lingered on Cal and the mission at hand. With her and The Ninth Sister's absence, she feared that he might try to escape, again. Security around Cal had been increased significantly since his last attempt at escape. The Fortess was inescapable, the planet they were on, Nur, was made up of entirely water. Even if Cal had somehow found a way out of the Fortress, he would drown without a transport.

She cleaned up her mess, walking over to her closet, grabbing a fresh uniform. She entered her personal bathroom, locking the door behind her. Next, she turned the bath water to hot, throwing some bubbles in there for good manner. She was evil but not too evil for some enjoyment. Trilla removed her cloths, looking at her bare body in the mirror. Scars were visible around her arm and neck, as she traced them slowly. Shaking her head, she stopped the bathwater, before climbing into the tub slowly.

Trilla lowered herself into the hot bubbles bathwater, relaxing her back. The water felt great on her sore joints, twisting them into place. It had been a while since she had this much free time to herself. With Cal being here and the constant bickering from The Grand Inquisitor, relaxation was next to impossible for her.

She began to think about Cal...again. She was really hoping that he'd make his decision already, to join the Inquisitorious.

"He will join us...I'll make sure of it." Trilla says, dipping herself lower in the water, rolling her eyes.

Her mind soon relaxed more, allowing the Inquisitor to enjoy herself some more. These moments of serenity were a breath of fresh air. Being an Inquisitor brought many responsibilities that limit one's freedom. Lord Vader doesnt allow for her to dilly dally around freely. He expects nothing less than victory. Fail to deliver such results, well, let's just say you wont be living for much longer.

Trilla's ultimate goal was to become as powerful as Lord Vader. She wanted his spot next to The Emperor. Her skills were formidable but not strong enough. She trains far too often, never settled for anything less. Cal becoming an Inquisitor would help here aceve the power she desired. He was stronger than The Ninth Sister, so his training
with her would be more beneficial.

She thought back to the first time she met the boy on Bracca. She had killed his friend, Prauf, for speaking to much. The pain and sorrow in his eyes were evident. Cal tried but he couldnt match her skill at that point.

The one thing however, that impressed Trilla greatly, was his ability to improve in such little time. In the four duels they had, he got better with the force and dueling each time. His abilities in the force were a great threat to her towards the end of her chase for him. He was able to best her twice, Once on Bogano and Once on Nur, the place she called home.

Thinking about those times that she lost infuriated her greatly. This boy, who hadn't finished his Padawan training, was able to beat her....twice. Thankfully Lord Vader simply threw her to the side all those weeks ago. She failed to beat Cal, and she was close to forgiving Cere for her deed. She would never forgive Cere, ever. Shes the reason Trilla is the Second Sister, the reason why her pain caused her to turn to the dark side. Cere's weakness and inability of self control allowed the Empire to turn Trilla into the monster she was today.

Trilla drained the tub, carefully getting out of it, drying herself. She walked out into her room, with her cloths in her hand. She didnt have to worry about a towel out here, she lived alone. After getting dressed into her uniform, she decided to pay Cal a short visit. She'd hope the young boy had finally came to a decision. Leaving her room she made her way to the chamber Cal was currently in. She walked into the room to see Cal, hurt badly. He had blood on his head, around his ears. She approached the boy, slowly lifting his chin to meet her red Visor.

"Cal? Are you awake?" Trilla asks

"Trilla? What are you doing here?" Cal replies

"I'm here to see if you'd had a change of heart. Have you come to a decision, Cal?"

"I-I have."

"And what would that be?"

"I've decided to open the Holocron. Its obvious Cere and the others arent coming to help me, so why should I help those children. They can all rot for i care."

Trilla stepped back for a second, shocked at what the boy had said. His eyes were full of anger and sadness.

"I want to become something better than the Jedi, I want to learn the ways of the dark side. They will all pay for my pain and suffering." He said, angrily

"I'm surprised Cal. I thought you were standing firm with The Jedi but, thankfully I was wrong. You will remain in this room until I inform The Grand Inquisitor on your decision."

"That's fine. Thank you, Trilla."

She turned around to face Cal, taking her helmet off in the process. She matched his eyes, searching for his thoughts. After searching for a while, she could tell he was genuinely thankful for her. The reason was still unknown to her though.

"For what, Cal?" She replies, pushing her hair to the side.

"For opening my eyes to Cere and the lies of The Jedi. I was a pawn for Cere. I did all the heavy lifting while she lied to me and You. When I got captured and brought here, she never showed her face. Not even an attempt to save me. She's a coward and a horrible person deep down. I'm done thinking that she's a mentor, she never did anything for me."

Trilla nodded slightly, agreeing with much of what Cal had just ranted about. Cere was a coward, she was nothing more than that.

"You're welcome Cal. Now please, let me tell The Grand Inquisitor about your decision and I will be back very shortly to let you out ok?"

"Yeah, I understand. See you later Trilla."

"Likewise, Cal." Trilla says, placing her helmet back on her head, leaving Cal alone in the room once more.