Chapter 3: The Distraction

After the previous day, Jacob had finally made up his mind. He was going to meet Andrea, whether he got in danger because of it or not. He rose up from his leaf bed, grabbing his backpack and venturing into the not-so-unknown. It was time. He had made a warning line using branches for where he could and could not roam. One of these lines were in front of Andrea's house. Jacob bent down, moving his hand towards the branch. His arm hesitantly jerked back a bit before he was able to grab it, lifting it off of the dirt. He took the stick and threw it across the backyard, clearly not caring for his safety. What if a spider heard him? What if he hit his house with it? He didn't care. He was going to meet her, no matter the risk.

With a heavy heart, he began to make his way up to the door. To him, the stairs were humongous. Ginormous. Gargantuan! Any other long word that means BIG! In order to make it up the stairs to her door, he had to grab the top of the step and raise himself up. It took a lot of energy, sure, but after a while, he made it to her door... Which was closed. Jacob sighed. "UGH. I am SO. DONE. This is SO ANNOYING," He moaned. "I just want to see Andrea!" His face began to droop, clearly upset with the circumstances. He would need to get her to come outside. But what would get her to come out? Andrea NEVER came out on weekends! That is, unless her friends called her. But how would he get her friends to do that?

He thought about the possibilities. John Secundarry lived relatively close to Andrea, so that was his best bet. I mean, he only lived down the street. It would take no time at all for a human to walk there. The problem is.. Well, Jacob isn't a human. He's three inches tall! It would take him YEARS to get over there! He just needed a good way of transport. He scanned his surroundings, looking for any animal or insect he could ride. It was at that moment that Jacob remembered that Andrea had a pet. She had a rabbit! She had put his cage in the shed because of his behavior the day before, so this was perfect for him. The shed was poorly kept, and had a hole near the bottom of the door. A hole perfectly sized for Jacob.

Jacob squeezed through the hole, scratching a hole or two in his shirt. But he didn't really mind. If it meant he could get to John's house, he would do anything. Luckily for him, the cage was on the ground. Due to the rabbit's messy eating, there were bits of carrots around the rusty cage. Jacob picked up the carrot, gaining the now awake rabbit's attention. It slammed it's head at the cage door, clearly yearning for freedom. Jacob chuckled. He unlocked the rabbit's cage, unleashing the beast. It started running around him, trying to eat the carrot. "You want it? Come get it!" He yelled, climbing onto the rabbit's back. He held the carrot in front of him, using it as bait for the rabbit. It started to charge at the door. This was perfect!

Jacob braced for impact as the rabbit bashed a hole through the damp shed, leaping out into the backyard. "YAHOOOOOO! So this is what freedom feels like!" Jacob yelled. He led the rabbit across the backard, onto the sidewalk. He then turned the rabbit to the side and began to look for the house number 117. "110.. 113.. 117!" He leapt off of the rabbit and into the yard of house 117. "Here, buddy. You deserve a treat." He gave the rabbit a pat, feeding it the carrot. 

At the moment, John had been gardening outside. He was growing vegetables.. Including carrots. The rabbid rabbit locked onto it's target, rushing at the orange delights. "Huh? What's that noi- HOLY SHERBERT!" John ducked as the rabbit leapt into his carrot patch. Tears ran down his eyes as he called Andrea. "Andrea! Your rabbit.. Sniffle Is in my.. Sniffle YARD! And it ate my CARROTS!" Andrea was unfortunately not on speaker, so Jacob couldn't hear her probably snarky comeback. 

Soon enough, Andrea pulled up to John's house, picking up her rabbit. "FAT NUGGETS, HOW COULD YOU!" She began to scold her pet. As she did, Jacob crept into her car. After a few minutes of Andrea lecturing her pet, she apologized to John (Who was still crying) and began to drive back home. 

Jacob followed her as she put the rabbit back in it's cage and went into her house. He jumped through the doorframe, landing in her kitchen. He had made it! Now it's tim- "AHH!! A BUG!!" Andrea screamed. Oh no.

(Hey, these chapters have started to get really long. Well, at least for me. I'm not the most literate, so sorry if I do things wrong, but me and my co-writer are trying to make this story the best it can be! The length of these chapters can change as they go on, so please don't bully me in the comments for it. If you'd like to help me co-write, please DM me. If you see any mistakes, please DM me. If you have any suggestions, comment and DM me. Thanks again, viewers. Remember- Your favorites, views, comments and follows are GREATLY appreciated by this humble writer. The reason this chapter is lengthier than others is because I wanted to celebrate over 150 views on this story, so don't expect super long chapters from here on out. Okay, that's all! Thanks again. I'll see you later! Showmaster OUT!)