✿9

I crossed the ocean of my mind~

"Jeno?"

The second she said his name without wasting any time, he ran to her and pulled her into his arms.

Eunseo stayed quiet, too shocked to even react properly. Whereas, Jeno's arms wrapped around her slim figure and rested his head on her shoulder. But her arms were hanging by her side as she chewed her lower lip, not letting her emotions get the best of it. She closed her eyes and raised her hands only to push him away. "Jeno, stop!"

The man moved a few inches back with wide eyes. "Eunseo?"

She was silent, looking at her feet, trying to avoid his eyes.

"Eunseo, why are you pushing me away? You don't even know how much I missed you."

"There's no reason for you to miss me."

"What do you mean? Four years! I haven't seen you for four years! Can you understand how hard it was for me to live without knowing where you are, how you are?"

"And do you know how hard it was for me? An eighteen-year old being kicked out of her own house? I wasn't even alone at that time. A life was growing inside me."

He came closer to her, a single tear rolling down his cheek as he held her shoulders. "Eunseo, I understand you-"

She yanked his hands off her. "No you don't, Jeno! You don't understand. When everyone left my side, I thought you would be there. But no, I was wrong. You are like everyone else."

"Believe me I searched for you. I didn't want to leave you like that. I have some responsibilities towards you. Afterall I'm your-"

"No one. You are no one to me." She looked straight into his eyes with hatred yet there was also a glint of sadness.

Jeno sighed and asked, "How can you say like that?" Seeing her quiet, he continued, "Eunseo, I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry. Please give me another chance. I understand you are angry with me, with us. I will try to fix everything. Eunseo, we used to be inseparable. Can we go back to the old days?" More tears were threatened to fall.

"Used to be." She let out a sad chuckle. "Right, we used to be inseparable. But now I don't want to hold any acquaintance with you or anyone else who used to be a part of my life. I'm happy the way I'm now. So, let's avoid each other if we ever cross paths again."

"You changed a lot." His voice became almost like a whisper. His voice showed that he was hurt.

"People change with time. So, I did I."

He nodded his head slowly.

"I guess, you came back from USA after completing your studies."

"Yes..."

"I wish you good luck, Jeno for your future. Hope we never meet again." She walked past him, holding her chin up. She sighed in relief that she didn't shed any tear today. But, the girl was forced to stop when she felt a grip on her wrist. She looked over her shoulder and ofcourse it was Jeno holding her back.