Chapter 2: The Plan

*(y/n)'s POV*

A few days later, Newt, Theseus, Jason and I end up walking down the streets of the familiar snowy road of Hogsmeade as we head to the Hog's Head. "I don't suppose you three would like to tell me what this is about, would you?" Theseus asked us. "He just asked that we meet, and that we'd be sure to bring you." Newt tells him. "Hmm. Right." Theseus grumbles as we continue to down the road.

We make our way inside the Hog's Head, which had several patrons inside, and Newt goes to close the door behind us once we get in. "Don't believe I've ever come in here before." Jason mutters to me as he looks around. 

"Here to meet my brother, I expect." A loud voice said and we turn to see the bartender, a man with curly dark hair and wearing shabby looking clothes, looking at us through his mirror. "No, sir. We're here to see Albus Dumbledore." I said to him. The man glares at us then turns to us and said. "That would be my brother."

"Oh." I muttered. "Sorry. I'm, um...brilliant. I'm (y/n) (l/n). This is my cousin, Jason. And this is Newt Scamander and Theseus--" I introduce, quickly, but the man talks over me. "Up the stairs. First on the left." He said and he turns back to his mirror and cleans it.

Newt and I exchange a look and he shrugs as we all start to head up the stairs. "I didn't know Professor Dumbledore had a brother." Jason whispers to me. "Neither did I." I muttered as we get up the steps. "Not much of a friendly fellow, I'd say." Jason whispers and I shush him as we get to the top of the stairs.

"Has Newt and (y/n) told you why you're here?" Dumbledore asked Theseus. "Were they meant to?" Theseus asked, confused. "No. As a matter of fact." Dumbledore laughs and Theseus let's out a small chuckle. "There something that we, uh...that, uh, Dumbledore wishes to speak to you about. It's a proposal." Newt explained to his brother. Theseus looks between us then looks over at Dumbledore.

"All right." He said as Dumbledore fiddles with the Blood Troth necklace that Teddy nicked from Grindelwald a few years ago. Dumbledore then holds the necklace up and walks up to Theseus. "You know what this is, of course." He said. "Newt and (y/n) had it in Paris. I can't say I have much experience with such things, but it looks to me to be a blood troth." Theseus said and Dumbledore nods. "That would be correct." said Dumbledore.

"And whose blood is contained within?" Theseus asked him. "Mine. And Grindelwald's." Dumbledore replied and Theseus looks shocked at this. "I'm assuming that's why you can't move against him?" Theseus asked. "Yes. Nor he against me." Dumbledore said and Theseus turns his head away for a moment then looks back at him.

"Can I ask, what would possess you to make such a thing?" Theseus asked. "Love. Arrogance. Naivete. Pick your poison. We were young, we were going to transform the world. This ensured that we would, even if one of us had a change of heart." Dumbledore explained. "And what would happen if you were to fight him?" Theseus asked and Dumbledore sighs as he raises his hand, which held the blood troth.

"It's really quite beautiful, you have to admit. Were I to even think about defying it..." Dumbledore explained and the pendant starts to hum and glow red. Then it flies off of the chain and lands on the ground. We all gasp as the pendant began to scrap across the stone wall as Dumbledore pulls out his wand but stops when the chain begins to wrap around his hand and arm.

"It knows, you see." Dumbledore said and he grunts as the chain wraps tighter and tighter and he strains and struggles with it. "Professor." Jason said, worried. "It senses the betrayal in my heart." Dumbledore said as the pendant keeps scrapping across the walls. "Albus." Newt said as the chain then goes to choke Dumbledore.

"Albus!" I shout and the pendant stops and flies back into Dumbledore's hand, the chain loosing its hold on him. "That would be the least of it." Dumbledore said and he looks between us as we give him a worried and fearful expression. "Young man's magic, but as you can see, powerful magic. It can't be undone." He said and he walks up to this portrait of a young blonde girl in a blue dress then he turns his head away from it, almost like he was ashamed of it.