Chapter 27

Halloween came faster than I expected. Reagan invited me back to the frat house Wesley lived at for a Halloween party. I agreed but knew there was no way in hell I'd be drinking. The last thing I needed was for my drunk ass to spill everything that I had been holding in for weeks.

Nick and I had planned couple's costumes for the event. He was going as Superman and I was going as wonder woman.

We arrived first of our friends, but the party was raging. Nick paid our cover fee, and we entered the booming house. Trap music blasted from speakers littered throughout the house. Nick and I made our way through the crowds and into the kitchen where a keg was set up with stacks of solo cups.

I hated beer but my only other option was fireball or shots of hard alcohol. I opted for the beer, at least that I could nurse and avoid getting shitfaced in front of Kendall.

Nick poured us both a cup. Celeste stumbled into the kitchen, shouting a curse at the crowd behind her. She brushed the shoulder of her large faux fur coat where someone had spilt their drink. She had used hair chalk to dye half her head white, sporting a Cruella de vil look. Once she had cleaned off her coat she glanced up, immediately smiling when she recognized me.

"Hey cutie," she winked.

Nick shifted uncomfortably next to me, but I ignored him, "Celeste!" I smiled.

She sauntered over to us, pulling me into a hug. We broke apart and she looked me up and down.

"Nice costume." She smirked.

"Thanks, yours is amazing too!" I said, gesturing to her ensemble.

She had on a red, skintight dress underneath her luxurious white coat.

"why thank you darling," she sang, "Although it is incredibly hot in this thing." She started fanning herself with her hand, "Anyways, I'm glad I found you, we need another team for tippy cup." She turned her focus to Nick, "You play?"

I nervously chewed on the inside of my cheek. If Nick said yes it was all over for me. Tippy cup would get me trashed within a couple rounds.

"Sure, sounds fun." Nick said, draping his arm over my shoulder.

I smiled to hide my uneasiness. Celeste led us through the house and into the basement. A thin layer of smoke filled the air. Whether it was cigarette or marijuana or both, I couldn't tell. A group of Celeste's peers were filling cups on a round table in the middle of the basement. They waved us over, greeting Celeste who informed them Nick and I would be the last team.

Surprisingly I was much better at tippy cup than I thought I was. Unfortunately, I got drunk regardless. It wasn't the type of drinking game where only the losers got sloshed. It didn't help that they were filling the cups to the rim and had to chug the entire thing. I was pretty positive I would be bent over the toilet later that night. By the time the game was over my face was numb and my hands felt tingly. I wasn't sure who the winners were, but I faintly remember someone congratulating me.

I looked down at my empty cup and frowned. I turned to a guy in a superman costume. He resembled Nick enough that I was pretty sure it was him.

"I'm going to get a refill." I slurred.

I sloppily walked back upstairs. The music seemed louder than it was earlier. I almost forgot why I had come upstairs, getting lost in the beat. Only when I tried to take a sip from my empty cup did I remember what my mission was. I stumbled my way into the kitchen, accidentally bumping into a girl in a slutty cowgirl costume.

"sorry," I mumbled as I tried to shuffle around her.

"Ronnie?"

I looked up and realized the slutty cowgirl was Reagan. A lazy smile formed on my face, "Reagan, hey!"