Cuts and bruises

001 POV

I get woken up by our door getting slammed open and a guard yelling at me and my little brother to get up. I slowly move tubbo out of bed and we follow the guard out of our dorm and down the stairs to the cafeteria for breakfast. We reach a table and our food is already there waiting for us, I see a new identification enter probably the newest addition to this hell of a place.

He looks nervous but then again most people are on their first day he looks to be about 8 or 9 maybe. He looks over our way clearly trying to find a place to sit, he happens to look our way and I smile at him. If your smart you wouldn't have friends in a place like this but I have a brother to look after why not help one extra person out right? He takes the seat across from me and tubbo and I introduce myself "hello" I say, and he looks up from his food
"o-oh hello" he say nervously, I smile thinking of how I nervous I was my first night here. "I'm 001 and this is my little brother 002" I say not using tubbo's real name so we'er not punished for knowing it.

At the mention his identification tubbo looks up and waves to the new person sitting across from us "u-um I'm uh- im 342" he stutters out " lovely to meet you 342, how long have you been here" I say to keep the conversation going
" I- uhm I arrived last evening" he say quietly "oh how are settling in" I say cautiously as he looks like he might cry "uh-um it-uh I guess fine so far bit the guards are rather scary" he says trying to hold back tears.

Right as I'm about to ask another question the booming voice of someone rings through the eating hall "hybrids fighting today are 257, 231, 001, 323, 245 and 002" and with that the loud speaker cuts off and I look to tubbo who seems to be shaking in his seat, but rightfully so it is his first fight.

As we are escorted out of the cafeteria I wave bye to 342 and start to think of ways my little brothers match will go 'what if he isn't fast enough, what if slips" no wait this is ridiculous I taught him how to fight he will be fine I'm pulled put of my by my shirt being pulled, I look down to see tubbo with tears threatening to fall "oh buddy" I say softly to him as we reach the bench where we will wait for our fights.

We sit down and tubbo curls into me and starts crying. " oh tubbo, it's ok you are strong and fast and smart you will be ok, I promise" I whisper to him in order not to be heard by any guards, he looks up "promise?" he responds quietly "I promise but if anything does go bad then I will leap of this bench and come and help you ok" I whisper reassuringly and he nods in response.

As the fights go on tubbo finally gets called and he s get to choose his weapon. He decides on a iron sword and walks to the ring and so does his opponent. Within 6 minutes the fight is over and tubbo stands shaking next to the corpse of his opponent, sword sticking through their chest.

Tubbo runs over and wraps me in the tightest hug ever and we make our way over to the bench. The last fight is called, my fight.
I grab a netherite axe and my opponent grabs a stone sword probably thinking this will be an easy fight but they don't know that I have two mixes, they think I'm just ram as we begin our fight them attacking and me dodging, finally after a close call as they strike towards my chest I spread my large black wing and take of.

Now it's my turn to attack, they look stunned as I land and take off in every direction slashing their arms and legs, as I land they get a slash down my face across my eye as I scream in pain I waste no time taking to the air again. Finally after about 20 minutes I land behind them and snap their neck.

My Face Is covered my own blood from the wound across my eye but I don't care I run over to tubbo and wrap him in my wings. We are told to go of to our dorm while being escorted.
We enter our room and the guard locks I behind him. Our dorm has no windows and two uncomfortable beds in the corners of the room. I tuck tubbo into bed and tell him how proud of him I am, I climb into my bed and as I drift off to sleep I wonder if we will ever see the sky again.