Chapter 7

Disclaimer:I do not own Sonic or Equestria girls,they are owned by Sega and Hasbro Studios/Allspark Animation productions.Sonic is owned by Sega along with the characters while Equestria Girls are owned by Hasbro studios.Also since I don't want to type the song word by word,I'm giving credit to the transcripts(https://mlp.fandom.com/wiki/Unleash_the_Magic)Also shout out to the transcripts that I borrowed and I would like to give credit to them.
(https://mlp.fandom.com/wiki/Transcripts My_Little_Pony_Equestria_Girls:_Friendship_Games)

Chapter 7-Unleashing the magic

Later

After the events that transpired earlier with Twilight,Sonic and the others were left to contemplate on what their next move was.Unfortunately for them,the games required them to focus more on the competition then stopping whatever Eggman was planning.From both sides in front of the school showed Canterlot and Crystal Prep students sitting on their respective bleachers while cheering aggressive for them.The other principles besides Principal Cinch presented themselves as Cadence spoke on her little intercom.

Dean Cadance: Since the score's tied, the final event will determine the winner of the Friendship Games.

Vice Principal Luna: Somewhere on campus, a pennant from each school has been hidden. The first team to find their school's flag and bring it back wins.

Dean Cadance: And as soon as our teams are ready, we'll begin.

From Twilight team,she could only feel nervous about the whole situation after everyone saw what happened during the last event.Luckily her friend Eggman stood by her while placing a hand on her shoulder.Twilight looked at the mad doctor who tried his best to give generous smile.

Dr.Eggman: Is something on your mind again Twilight?

Twilight tried hidden her fear and anxiety but with everything that's happened,she wasn't doing a good job at it.She hoped that her new friend and possible professor didn't noticed the situation that happened earlier.

Sci-Twi: It's nothing,just a little stressed out from all the games and everything.

Dr.Eggman: Worry not Dear,after these games have passed then we could focus on what's really important.

Sci-Twi: You mean my scholarship?

"Yeah Totally"Dr.Eggman chuckled to himself only for him to give another fake smile.

Dr.Eggman: Of course my dear,someone as smart and kind as you deserves all the recognition.Even if you don't win these games,your still welcomed to the Eggman emp-I mean my university.

Despite Eggman's slipping up,She knew that Twilight would fall for that trick since it seemed that no one other then himself acknowledged her well being.Tears started to form on Twilight's face before she brushed them off with her hands as she could only smile at him.

Sci-Twi: Mr.Eggman sir...Thank you so much in believing in me and being my friend when no one else cared.

Dr.Eggman: What are "Friends" For,OOH-I seem to have forgotten something back at the field.I'll be right back as soon as I find it.

Sci-Twi: Wait...your leaving?

Twilight felt herself already losing that sudden happiness she felt moments ago.Although Eggman didn't care,he still needed Twilight to distract Sonic and the others to gather his materials.To ensure that his suppossed friend wouldn't feel down,he came up with the best motivational speech he could think of.

Dr.Eggman: Don't worry my dear,I promise I'll be back in time to see you dominate the other school.By the looks of things,it seems that your highly capable enough to stand up for yourself now and show your enemy whose really in charge.I assume that your team is asking you to do that one more time.It's time to use your lessons you've learned and do what you think is right.