55

Unable to overcome the impulse, he endlessly indulged in the lips of the mysterious object.

“You seemed like a person I knew for a long time.”

Someone might say it’s crazy when they hear it. But he couldn’t erase yesterday’s memory easily. The sound of rain and the faint scent of flowers passed by the tip of the nose. And the rough texture of her lips that touched his hot lips due to the fever.

***

Freya was walking in a wet field soaking in the rain.

“No matter where I go, there’s no end.”

She was soaking wet and she could hardly open her eyes because it hurts due to heavy rain. Freya, who was breathing heavily, stopped for a while to catch her breath. Mud splattered from the muddy floor from the overnight rain clung to the bottom of the trousers becomes heavy.

“What is this?”

Freya shook off what was on her pants, relying on a stick with one hand. Then something thick got on her hand. Freya roughly wiped it off the hem of her shirt and straightened her back.

“I should have asked for a ride on the carriage.”

Earlier, she couldn’t think of it because she was focusing only on Lucius’ rescue. Selena might have been willing to give her a ride.

“Because she’s as pretty as an angel.”

When she thought of the carriage that left earlier, Freya felt lonely for no reason.

“Why am I thinking like this? It’s a good thing I went to rescue his Highness.”

It would be just a strange idea because she was feeling sick and weird.

“Let’s go back quickly.”

Freya, who immediately shook off her useless thoughts, moved her body with a stick and dragged her feet. It was a slow pace, but the flag-waving was faintly visible as it had come quite far. It was proof that the barracks were not far away.

“Let’s cheer up a little bit more.”

Throughout this difficult journey across the field, Freya was only worried about Lucius.

“His face was so pale,” she murmured.

Freya’s heart almost fell off because it looked really wrong when his face turned white as if all his blood was completely gone.

“By the way, what does this smell like?”

Since yesterday, she couldn’t wash properly and smelled pleasant somewhere in her body full of dirt. She thought there were flowers blooming in the field, but the surroundings were desolate.

“Oh…”

Then Freya, who realized the smell, her cheeks blushed. This was a scent that she smelled when close to his majesty.

“Oh my God, I should go wash these clothes right away.”

The scent of His Majesty from her body made her goosebumps in fear that someone might know.

“Don’t ever get caught.”

No one should have known that she slept in Lucius’ arms all night.

“It’s a secret, especially for his Majesty Lucius.”

The nape of the neck that was caught yesterday was a bit itchy. The rough hand holding her tightly and the touch of his hot lips that were constantly bumping into each other were too vivid.

That was because your highness was sick.

It’s just a slight touch of meaningless flesh. It has nothing to do with the kiss of lovers you saw on the street.

There was a reason for that.

The first thing she touched her lips was to keep her from making a sound. Freya, who was constantly making excuses without anyone asking, bit her lower lip for nothing.

“What’s all this?”

Red blood gushed out of her wounded lips as she sighed.

And something strange happened. She stumbled as if she was going to faint, and heard a call from afar.

“Am I hallucinating?”

There was no one to come out to find her. Freya continued to move forward without raising her head.

“Freya!”

This time, Freya thought she could hear the sound very close, but someone hugged her. In the wind, a wooden cane fell to the ground.

“… Uh, uh.”

“Hey! What’s wrong with you?”

The clothes in the rain were less dry and covered with blood and mud. Her lips were all chapped, and the bottom of her eyes was black. Archer’s voice grew even worse than when we first met.

“…Archer.”

“Why are you making me worry so much? Huh?”

He couldn’t sleep a wink all night after hearing about yesterday’s surprise incident. His Highness Lucius did not return, the camp was cluttered and there was no news from Freya. Only Lady Selena of Edelion managed to return and announce the surprise situation, but the sudden heavy rain broke the bridge connecting to the forest and failed to send a rescue team.

“Archer, I’m fine. Please put it down.”

Freya was just uncomfortable because she had never been hugged by anyone. However, Archer did not pretend to hear it but put a firm force on the arm holding Freya.

“Who am I?” Isn’t me your guardian? In this case, you should keep silent. This is why parenting is hard.”

” What’s parenting? ”

Although grumbling, Freya became drowsy as soon as she was in his arms. The tension, which had been on high alert since yesterday, felt like it was collapsing at once.