70

Lucius completed his duty here by getting on his horse and scouting the outskirt. He left a minimal amount of his finest men here and ordered the rest to the palace. Freya finished cleaning up the tent, carried her load, and started walking by Archer. But her head was full of Lucius’s suggestion.

That’s impossible!

You don’t have to act like a noble.

But the person that dates you has to be noble.

She was told that the region of Del Mundo never really followed the canon of the nobles.

So your freestyle of speech and action won’t be too suspicious.

Your Majesty, this is still too crazy.

It fits the rumors of me being crazy.

Lucius’s eyes became vicious as he said this. As Freya shrunk her shoulders, he whispered.

It’s best for you. Gold coins appear just by being with me.

Well, the role of servant fits me better.

You just can’t do what you want as you live.

Ha….

No matter what Freya said, she couldn’t refute what Lucius said. There was still duration left on the contract, and even if she was born again, she wouldn’t be able to afford the penalty.

“…..Ha.”

“I heard dishes from the palace melt at the tip of your tongue-.”

Freya got out of her thought as Archer hummed. The bear-like man was all smiles as if he was the happiest person.

“How is he so imposing? Hm?”

Archer spoke in awe as he was staring at Lucius, who was at the very front leading.

Freya, who was walking with her load by him, didn’t look impressed.

“He’s so far that he looks like an ant.”

“So mean.”

Archer was throwing a temper and stopped himself from giving her a noogie.

“We are all his subordinates so we always have to be polite.”

“Archer! Where does all that nagging come from? From your stomach?”

Freya shut her ears and stuck her tongue out.

“I told you this is all muscle. It’s so hard a sword can’t even get in!”

“There were quite a few wounds for you to be saying.”

“Why do you keep talking back on a good day?”

Archer, who seemed to be in a good mood as he was going to the palace, didn’t get angry today. He kept sipping on a small bottle of alcohol. Freya fixed the load she was carrying and looked forward.

He really looks small though.

The soldier that was waving the long flag in front followed his Majesty Lucius and the guard knight Gemini.

Herro is riding a carriage because he’s feeling weak.

It finally hit her that they were leaving as they got on the road. The camp that she was running around busily, the pond she did laundry and the tree she leaned to rest from time to time were all right in front of her eyes.

Thank you for being there. Goodbye.

A bunch of mixed emotions came upon Freya as they were walking away from the camp.

How long have they been walking?

The camp they left became small as an ant, and in front of her was unfamiliar scenery. There was a land with a bunch of crops she didn’t know and also corn.

I’ve only eaten it, never seen it like this before.

Everything was so new to Freya, who was born and raised in the city. But she had almost no time to enjoy it. Lucius’s suggestion kept heavily weighed on her heart the entire time.

If you pretend to be my fiancée then I’ll give you hundred more gold coins.

It was true that almost swayed her.

Freya loved gold coins very much.

If I’m poor I have to starve.

To over-exaggerate a little, she figured that out before she was even able to walk and talk.

But for me to go to the palace seems absurd.

She almost didn’t have the confidence to act like Lucius’s fiancée as well.

So right now is the last chance.

If she went into the palace, it was obvious she’ll get involved in something big. There was no way she could deceive the nobles and the royals. Even if she was pretty quick-witted.

I hate things that made my head swirl.

She kept feeling anxious, and her instinct warned her to leave immediately.

Okay. I’ve made my decision.

Freya started to walk slowly on purpose after making the decision. As Freya lagged behind, Archer, who was picking his teeth, stopped.

“Why are you walking so slowly? Hurry up.”

“Archer. I need to pee.”

As Freya looked troubled, he kicked his tongue.

“I told you to go before leaving.”

Archer nagged her. Freya felt sad at such a familiar voice. She will miss his nagging. She felt bad for leaving without saying a word.

“Archer. This is the only way for me to save myself.”

She hid in the tall cornfield with words she couldn’t say out loud.

“Thank you for everything.”

She put the brown cape she was wearing over her head and shut her eyes. It had been a few hours since she left the group and wandered the cornfield.

“I don’t know which direction I’m going.”

She didn’t want to acknowledge it, but she was lost.

She looked into the map on the table in the barracks quite a bit while she was cleaning the cleaning. So she thought she knew the area pretty well.

“I didn’t know there would be a cornfield.”