S I X T E E N

It had been around a month since Harry and Amelia last saw eachother, since their last very honest conversation which had left them both in a place of uncertainty. They realised that without Cal... they actually didn't have much of a reason to see eachother, without suspicion, anyway.

Things had been a little icy between the two boys, Callum sensing that Harry may be slightly happier about their break than he'd been letting on. He was missing her.

They both were.

Amelia on the other hand was busying herself with anything and everything to avoid a bit of a nervous breakdown. She'd gotten the promotion she'd been working hard for, and it came at the perfect moment, the perfect distraction. It felt like all of her hard work over the last couple of years had finally paid off. She was now a senior paralegal in the firm and could work towards being a solicitor or an attorney if she so wished.

Despite everything that had happened with her and Callum (and Harry), she was grateful that Talia and Freya still considered a friend and kept in touch, even throwing her a little celebratory brunch for her, girls only, they promised. They were filled in on everything, of course, but Amelia insisted that she was fine and that sides didn't need to be taken.

To be perfectly honest, Amelia was still processing everything that had happened that night, between her and Harry, even a month along. She still couldn't believe the words that she had heard. Part of her wanted to run into his arms right then and there, the other part holding her back for fear of being hurt again... badly.

Harry had contemplated contacting Amelia on a couple of occasions, or liking her photo when she posted her promotion announcement, but he decided against it. He may have confessed how he felt that night but he still didn't really know if they were on the same page. He hoped that they were, but it would take some time, he sensed.

It was never his intention to come clean to her, especially not when she was still invested in one of his best friends. But, Harry wasn't one to have a filter, so it just came out. The connection he felt toward Amelia never died over the years, despite being cut off from knowing her whereabouts for nearly a decade... he'd hoped that she was doing okay and maybe they'd cross paths again one day. And they did, call it fate, perhaps?

Initially, he was hurt at the icy reception she had given him when they first found themselves in the company of eachother after so many years, he couldn't believe that he had found her again and she was treating him like a stranger. So, the cold behaviour ensued... until he couldn't fake it anymore.

Harry didn't actively avoid getting into relationships since their separation, but nobody had compared to her.

"You're coming, right?"

Amelia sighed and spun around in her office chair, "Is it a good idea?"

Freya was on the other end of the line, practically begging her to come to the boat party that had been arranged to celebrate the Sidemen anniversary. Josh was the organiser so, naturally, Freya had all of the details.

"Hello! You were literally invited. Of course it's a good idea. Besides, you need to show your face again at some point."

She had a point, the longer she left it, the harder it would be... problem being, it already was. Amelia would be in the presence of both Callum and Harry, how was she supposed to act? Not to mention that she also didn't know who knew what information, what had really happened between the three of them.

"I guess I could come for a bit,"

"Yay! It's mono themed. Come cute in a black dress!"

Freya hung up and Amelia chuckled at her do-gooder attitude. It would be good for her to get out, anyway, she'd been practically living at the office and seeing the same four faces every day. If she had to talk about crochet one more time with Jane, she feared she may sprout a grey hair or two.