A New Rule

Theodora's POV

It's been a long time since that night Estarossa and I carved our initials into that tree. We're still best friends though I have grown to love him more and more. I quickly realized that my love wasn't like that for his two brothers. My love was different and more romantic than familial. I kept my promise and I train with Estarossa just like his brothers when he asks me to join. The day my wings sprouted was surprising to the Three Demon Princes and me. When my wings fully grew in they were exactly what I dreamt they would be, purple with a darker purple detailing. The boys complimented me for the longest when they fully grew in just like they did when they first sprouted. Some things changed but my friendship with the three barely did. Meliodas is now the leader of the Ten Commandments so his brothers and I train with them, though some like Calmadios, Aranak, and Zeno don't like me being there. Galand doesn't particularly like me but he doesn't go out of his way to make me feel unwelcome. It was one of those days when Zeldris, Estarossa, and I were invited to train with the others.

I started off training with Monspeet and Derieri, I actually became good friends with the two as well as Derieri sister, Rajine. Monspeet helped me get better at using Hellblaze and Hellfire Bird, while Derieri helped me with my hand-to-hand. "You're nowhere near as good as me at Hellblaze, but your grasp on Hellfire Bird is amazing! I'd have to assume that your fairy abilities are making them more alive than when I do it," Monspeet explains as my birds circle around me chirping and not burning me. "I think I just have a good teacher!" I exclaim as Derieri speaks up. "It's time for your hand-to-hand training, Bug," I nod as the birds disappear before the three of us are stopped. Calmadios a six-armed demon with blue-ish skin approximately the size of a Giant was standing in front of us. "I think someone else needs to train the hybrid, Derieri we all know you don't go all out on her," Aranak says joining the giant demon. "I'm training her how Meliodas told me to. Theodora will never be on the front line nor would she be alone. That's what our leader and the Demon King himself said," Monspeet said as we tried to get around them.

"Our leader isn't here now, is he? Last I checked it was the 6 off us," Calmadios says before throwing something to trap Derieri and Monspeet in an orb. "That was made by my father where did you get it?" I shout as I shoot vines to grab the floating orb keeping it from flying away. "That's none of your concern. You're going to fight the three of us or die trying. We want to see what's so special about you that you get so much attention from high-ranked demons," Aranak spoke as Zeno levitated off his shoulder. Calmadios swung his ax at me as the other two attacked at the same time from my sides. I used Hellfire Bird to circle me to keep the other two from hitting me before using Full Counter like Estarossa. "Meliodas' Full Counter only works against magic attacks! What are you playing at!" Calmadios shouts as the three attack me all at once. I use Ominous Nebula to keep them away from me before trying to shatter the orb. I can't hear them at all as I try to break the orb, I see them pointing and shouting but can't understand them until I feel the pain in my legs. Calmadios hadn't been pulled in by Ominous Nebula like the other two had. He was standing behind me as I forced myself to stay floating even though the pain was immense. I continued fighting the giant fending him off with vines and attacking him with Hellfire Bird. I call out to the three brothers in my mind like I had been taught but Calmadios stuck me right in between my wings causing me to fall.

"Tell me how you countered my attack before I kill you!" Calmadios shouted at me. I didn't speak I simply smirked before raising my hand and hitting him with a massive vine. I just pissed him off more, I was trying not to hurt anyone. I didn't want to hurt anyone unless I had to. I called out again to the brothers, while Calmadios was yelling insults and charging me. I ready my vines for the hit when I heard, "Full Counter!" I raised my head higher to see Estarossa standing in front of me as Zeldris and Meliodas broke the orb freeing my friends. "I didn't use Meliodas' Full Counter," I weakly said to the giant coughing up blood. "Get her out of here. Meliodas is pissed!" Zeldris shouted as Estarossa picked me up in his arms before flying away. I was able to see Meliodas screaming and beating the three demons' asses with Zeldris' help. "Thank you for coming!" I sighed in relief laying my head on his chest. "I'll always come for you, I promised I'd protect you remember. I'm doing such a bad job though I shouldn't have gone with my brothers." "You had to go with them, your father summoned you and we protect each other Rosa. It's not your fault," I say before laughing weakly. "What's funny Butterfly?" Estarossa asks with concern all over his face. "I'm bleeding all over your clothes, I'll have to wash them for you later," I say before burying my face in his chest. "You were just attacked by three high-ranked demons, who shouldn't have attacked you, and you're worried about the blood on my clothes?" Estarossa said looking at me like I had three heads.