A Dragon's Betrayal

No one's POV

"Bug over here!" Derieri hollered at Theodora. "Hey, Rei what's up?" she asked the Commandment of Purity. "Zeldris and Estarossa are looking for you," Derieri tells the demon-fairy. "Thank you for letting me know do you know where they are?" Theodora asks smiling at the older demon. "Libary," Derieri says before waving bye and leaving. Theodora flies toward the library quickly careful not to run into anybody. Maybe I should scare them,  she thinks. Theodora flies out of the nearest window and up toward the library. She peeks inside the library and sees Estarossa lying on his back with a book covering his face. She smiles and opens the window quietly before flying inside. Theodora hovers above a bookshelf and looks at his sleeping form. The demon-fairy flies down and hovers above him before slowly removing the book from his face. He's still asleep perfect, she thinks. "ROSA!!!!" She screams flopping onto his chest. Estarossa screams knocking Theodora off him. The demon-fairy laughs as he starts calming down realizing it's just her. "Oh, so little Butterfly thinks she can just scare me with no consequences?" Estarossa asks grabbing her foot and yanking her toward him. Theodora smiles at him before speaking. "I shall take my consequences for scaring you, Rosa!" Estarossa begins tickling her sending her into a laughing fit. She tries to squirm away from him but he's trapped her underneath him.

The library door gets thrown open and Zeldris walks in and glares at Estarossa. This childish crush should've disappeared entirely but it hasn't, Zeldris thinks. "I see Derieri passed the message to you," Zeldris says to the demon-fairy who nods. Estarossa stands up before helping her up. "Yes, she did. Why were you two looking for me?" Theodora asks tilting her head slightly. "That Goddess Meliodas introduced you to. What do you know about her?" Zeldris asks shocking the Demon-fairy. "I know she wants this Holy War to cease with as little harm and death as possible. I agree with her 100% on this," Theodora states. "Do you think she has any bad intentions?" Estarossa asks her. "Elizabeth is way too nice to do anything bad on purpose," Theodora says when a booming voice announces something that breaks the demon-fairy's heart. "Meliodas has sided with the Goddess race and switched sides!"

Theodora's POV

"Meliodas has sided with the Goddess race and switched sides!" the announcement bounced around my head. My mind was racing with thoughts as I sunk to the floor sitting on my knees. "He promised he wouldn't abandon me," I whispered. I know he doesn't want to fight the Goddess clan anymore, but to switch sides completely without talking to me something must have happened to where he couldn't tell me, I think. I couldn't hear Zeldris and Estarossa arguing fully but I did hear them blame Elizabeth. Estarossa picked me up before running toward my room. He sat me on my bed and rubbed the spot in between my wings, as tears welled up in my eyes. "What can I do to help?" Estarossa asked softly. "Hold me," I answered laying down on my bed. He nods laying down with me wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close as I cried. "H-he didn't e-even say he was l-leaving," I cry out burying my face in Estarossa's chest. He rubs my back as I cry and let it out. "I know h-he loves E-Elizabeth and I-I want them t-to be happy, b-but I thought we cou-could've come to an ag-agreement with the other races. R-Rosa, he aban-abandoned his Commandment and di-didn't tell me he was lea-leaving," I cry and he begins humming softly. I try to stay awake but the humming puts me to sleep. 

Estarossa's POV

When the announcement was made Zeldris immediately blamed Elizabeth for Meliodas' betrayal. I tried arguing but Theodora needed me more. "Love causes you to do strange things," I state picking Theodora up and taking her to her room. We end up laying on her bed as I rub her back and she cries. I hum the song she used to hum to me and she falls asleep with a tear-stained face. I continue to hold her and begin taking in everything. Elizabeth and Meliodas are in love. Meliodas switched sides to stop the Holy War. Meliodas broke his promise of not leaving her to Theodora. Brother I love you but you hurt the woman I love, and that is your sin to bear. You may have taught me and helped train me to become who I am, but she was a bigger part of that. You made yourself my enemy by betraying her, I think. I hold her close and fall into a dreamless sleep.