Chapter 31: Loving My Future Husband

The next day, I spent my time at home, frantically going through my closet, anxious about meeting Sasuke's family again. Despite insulting his father, his family, and his entire clan, Sasuke's old man suddenly wanted me to come back to his home. It didn't seem right, so have to be extra careful tonight.

"What do you think about this one, old man?" I asked my grandpa over a video chat while modeling the clothes I would be wearing to dinner.

"Hmm...maybe show more skin-"

"I'm not going to his house to pimp myself out. I'm having dinner with his family, you pervert!"

"Tch. You're so boring..."

After speaking with my grandfather the night before, we were finally able to clear up our misunderstandings. I couldn't help but feel relieved that I no longer carried that burden, but it made me wonder how my other self spent so many years without gramps. 

"Can you at least try to take this more seriously?! His dad invited me back to his home after I roasted and toasted him in his own home! He's probably got something planned to embarrass me, so I need to at least look like I can't be bothered," I complained while reaching for a new dress. 

After picking out my next dress, I quickly rushed to turn off my phone camera so I could change.

"Woah-! Why'd you turn off the camera?!"

"I'm changing, you pervert!"

He sighed, "I thought you needed me to critique-"

"Yeah, my outfit, not my body!"

I sighed loudly, feeling a sense of relief as we bickered like old times. Stupid ol' man.

While putting on the new dress, I heard my gramps begin to speak again:

"What were you even thinking, insulting his dad like that?"

"You know I don't think, old man! I just do! Besides, you should have heard all the things he was saying. The way he spoke to his wife, and all the garbage he was pressuring his kids to be was so sickening to hear!"

"Naruko, you can't be everyone's hero."

"I'm not trying to be everyone's hero. Just his."

As soon as I was done fixing my dress, I turned on the phone camera to show him my dress: a knee-length orange dress with a black belt to accent my curves.

"Nice!" he shouted with a perverted grin.

I rolled my eyes as I walked to my mirror to have a better look. As I modeled for myself, I began to play with my hair, unsure of what to do. 

"Should I do a bun? Those always look professionally badass, right?"

"Hmm, don't do a bun. Just let your hair loose." 

"You sure?"

"Trust me."

I took off the bun, allowing my long blonde hair to fall against my waist. I then placed a black clip in my hair as an accessory. Content with what I saw in the mirror, I gave a small spin in delight.