Chapter 16: Kakashi's Friends

Kakashi and I had finally reached the outside of my apartment building. The pain I felt from today's turn of events was beginning to hurt me physically with each heartbeat. I wanted to climb into my bed and cry to get rid of the pain, but I had to hold on.

"Since you'll be gone in two days, I want to spend every day like this until the moment you leave. I'll miss you," he whispered sweetly as he kissed my forehead through his mask.

"I'll miss you too, Kakashi," I whispered back.

He then held me in his arms before leaving my apartment complex. I watched him walk to the crosswalk, waving one last goodbye before heading up the stairs to my apartment.

I sighed loudly as I climbed the stairs. Ughh I have to see Sasuke...he's gonna ask about yesterday...what excuse can I make up?

I finally reached the front of my door, bringing my trembling hand to the door nob with a beating heart. Don't worry Naruko, you're good at bullshitting.

I took a deep breath and opened the door with a smile. "I'm home~!" I cheered happily.

"It's about time," I heard him mutter from the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen watching him cook dinner for us. "Looks good," I said while walking back out of the kitchen and towards the couch.

"What were you doing? It's six o'clock," he questioned while serving the food.

"I was out with my boyfriend, duh," I replied while surfing through the channels.

"Oh...did you eat already then?"

"Yeah," I replied dryly.

"Okay...I'll wrap up your dinner and leave it in the refrigerator then." I heard him wrap my dinner, placing it in the refrigerator before walking to the table to eat.

We sat in silence for a while until I heard him clear his throat. "Naruko," he called.

My blood went cold at the thought of the conversation we were about to have. "Yeah...?"

"Can we talk about last night...?"

The air in the apartment grew thick. My heart was beating quickly and my hands became sweaty. "What about last night?" I asked coldly.

"The kiss..."

I closed my eyes at the regrettable memory. Alright, Naruko...it's time to put on a performance.

I bursted out into laughter as I looked at him from the couch.

"Naruko...?"

I wiped the tear from my eyes as I calmed my laughter. "I'm sorry, it's just the thought of what I did last night makes me laugh in embarrassment...!"

"...Why did you--?"

"Okay so last night after my date with Kakashi, he walked me back home, right?" I started as I adjusted my body to face him. "So when we stood in front of my apartment, he tried to kiss me, but I got scared and told him I wasn't ready. I didn't want to kiss him and make a fool of myself, so that's why I decided to kiss you as practice. I mean, you are my husband so that meant it would be okay to kiss you. I'm sorry if I made things weird...I should have just told you this morning, but I was embarrassed by what you would have thought..."

He shook his head with a sigh. "Naruko...you should have just kissed him. The first kiss is always kind of messy."

"Really? How was your first kiss?" I asked curiously, wondering if it was me who he had kissed.

He stayed silent as he looked away from my direction. "...It was...unexpected..."

"Huh? What's that supposed to mean?!" I shouted in disappointment.