Chapter 1: My Husband from the Future

My eyes struggled to stay open as I sat through the afternoon lecture. My head bopped back and forth to the sound of my teacher's boring words. I was tired of listening and just wanted to nap.

"Hey Naruko," whispered my friend Sakura who sat beside me, "Wake up or Iruka's going to give you detention again!"

I looked over at her a gave a groggy smile, "I'll be fine~" I slurred half asleep.

She facepalmed herself with a sigh, "That's what you always say..."

Again, my eyelids continued to become heavy, making it hard for me to hold up head up. When will this day end?

"Naruko!"

My eyes quickly shot open as my heart raced in my chest. I looked forward to see Iruka-sensei glaring at me with his arms folded amongst each other. I quickly stood up and acted as if I never was asleep.

"Yes?" I asked loudly.

"Care to give us all a summary on what we've been reading about?"

"Uh..." I quickly glanced over to Sakura in hopes she could give me the answer, but instead, she shook her head and sighed.

"We're all waiting," he stated clearly annoyed with me.

"Uh well...you see-" my eyes scanned the room for answers before turning down to look at the cover of my book. Romeo and Juliet...I've seen that movie and the movie can't be that far from the actual play, right? Welp, it's time to fake it till I make it.

I cleared my throat and began to bullshit my way through: "So far since we've only read the first act-"

"We're on Act 2, Naruko..." corrected my teacher.

I laughed nervously and continued my bullshit, "Yeah act 2, that's what I meant..." Okay, so I guess they kept reading while I was asleep...

I cleared my throat again and continued, "So basically there are these two lovers, right? And they're like in love with each other, but they're both in mob families and the families hate each other. So the mobsters wanna keep em apart--or did they not even know they were in love yet--but anyway, the point is they were two star crossed lovers who just wanted to love, ya know? So yeah, that's about it."

I heard the slap of Sakura's hand as it hit her forehead and the sighs of disappointment from my teacher. Soon the class began to laugh because of my ridiculous synopses.

"You're an idiot!" laughed Kiba.

"Shut up, dog boy!" I retorted.

His smile turned into a frown as he stood up from his seat, "At least I'm not an idiot!"

"Well, at least I don't have dog breath!"

"Shut up, ramen brain!"

We glared at each other from across the room and continued to throw insults at each other.

"Stupid mutt!"

"Dumb blonde!"

"That is it!" yelled Iruka-sensei angrily, "Both of you will stay after school and spend an hour in detention!"

We both began to protest, making the situation worse, and once Iruka let out a scream, we knew we were really in trouble. "Go stand in the hallway!"

I rolled my eyes and pushed my chair in with a kick of my foot. Kiba slammed the door open and I slammed it shut. This wasn't the first time we've gotten in trouble, and quite frankly I never really cared about detention, but today I did.