Chpt 1: in which there is a crying teen and a griffin wanting a snack

Narrator's pov
It was the most absurd hours of the night, old ladies would say you're possessed by the devil if you were awake at these times. The only people awake were angsty teenagers with mental health issues and teens who could only feel at peace when they were alone in the dark at 3 am. But tonight there happens to be two exceptions to this.

The Forest of the Boiling Isles was not the most ideal place to be, especially at night when all of the creepy crawlers and skin stalkers were out and about, hunting down their prey to- you know what, nevermind.

Seen crashing through the forest was a sixteen year old girl with long, green hair tied into a ponytail-like hairdo. At first glance it would seem like she was playing tag, or running from some demonic looking beast. But at second glance you could also see that she was crying, with no sign of stopping anytime soon.

Her footsteps thundered on the ground as she ran as fast as she could. You would probably think she was a thunder snadger if you couldn't see her. But she didn't care. All she knew was that she needed to get away from that hell hole of a "home" as soon as possible.

And her name? Well, her name was Emira blight. Little did she know that this night was going to change her life by a lot. For better, or for worse? Well, that can be up to you to decide.

If you'd take a look across this skinned tree patch from little miss mental breakdown, you'd see a girl with brown hair tied up into an almost perfect bun aside from little piece of hair sticking out. She had a spikey hair tie? Headband? Something like that holding her bun in place. Her hair was a brown color and she had murky green eyes. Also, a peculiar looking earring, probably based after a fish hook. Still a bit weird in my opinion, but who am I to judge?

She also, like Emira, was thundering through the forest at an annoyingly loud tone. Does nobody care about the eyeball stealers anymore? Well, this girl wasn't crying. She actually looked rather excited? Why would she be excited about a giant pigeon-lion looking thing chasing her? What a strange girl.

This girl's name was Viney Maplewood, and little did she know, her life was also about to have some big changes. Well, that is if she keeps running straight towards Emira. But she's not showing any signs of stopping, so there's probably nothing to worry about.

Well I won't be taking up to much more of your time. You probably came here to read about some mentally unwell witch teens fall in love. And you're in the right place for it!

Now I'll be passing you along to Emira, hopefully you'll enjoy. But if not? Feel free to leave. Witches being lesbian disasters probably isnt everyone's favorite cup of tea, but it sure is mine.

Emira's pov
She couldn't believe she fucked up this badly. How could she be so idiotic? Why would she have thought that was a good idea? I finally went to far, she thought to herself. I fucking pushed them to far this time. I'm fucking dead, I might as well dig my own grave out here. Thundering through the forest she ran as far as her feet could possibly take her.

Emira stopped to take in her surroundings. And because her legs felt like jello. And because she was completely out of breath. Oh shit, she had the sudden realization, she's lost. She's lost in the forest of the Boiling Isles. Emira Blight was fucking lost in one of the most dangerous places she knows of, in the middle of the night.

"Well this is just great. Just perfect!" She remarked at her stupidity. "I'm fucking lost. Maybe I'll just stay here forever, and never have to face mother." Laughing maniacally at her own foolish mistakes, she leaned against a tree, slowly sliding down until her head was hidden in her knees and arms.

Then she started to cry. Hard.

If it was possible to cry a River, she would have done so. Right then and there.

And she sat. She sat there and cried. So pathetic, she thought about herself. And she stayed there, crying and thinking of weather or not it's possible to evaporate, until she heard a growl, a girls voice, (a somewhat cute voice at that, but now's not the time for that), and someone running right at her.

Viney's pov
Oh shit, how could I think this was a good idea? She thought as she ran away from the griffin that was trying to eat her. All she wanted to do tonight was sneak out of her house, break into the beast keeping stables at her school, and take Puddles out on a joyride. At 2 am.

But no, the most angry griffin she had ever knew of just had to hear her, and just had to go berserk at her. So now here she is, running away from a pissed off griffin that wants a midnight snack.

"I'm not going to lie to myself and say this isn't a bit cool," she thought out loud, while dodging the angry nips of the griffin. "I could make my presentation about how to calm an angry griffin that's just been woken up from its slumber that also wants to turn you into beetle salad!"

She quickly ducked behind a tree and the griffin went flying forward, hopefully not getting too injured.

And that's when she heard it.

Is that... crying?

Yeah, that was definitely crying. She had gone through enough mental breakdowns to know the sounds of someone mentally unwell.

Well, she probably has some time before the griffin realizes their meal has disappeared. Why not go help someone who could possibly be going through the hardships she had gone through herself? Hey, maybe she'll even make a new friend.

And make a new friend she shall.

———————————————————
Words: 1019
A/n: Hi! This is my first fanfic so I know this probably won't be the greatest story you've ever read, but I noticed a serious lack of vinira going on and had to step up. I'm going to be making a rule for myself: a minimum of 1000 words per chapter,not counting authors notes, because I don't like reading short chapters, so why would I make my own fanfics have those? This fic will mostly be fluff because I don't like angst, but there will definitely be some angst. I hope you enjoy! :)