Chpt 10: runaway witch

Emira ran through the gate to to the secret garden Viney had showed her, tears streaming down her face.

Titan, she messed it all up didn't she? She ruined her friendship with Viney all because of her silly feelings. Why did her feelings always win?

Emira leaned against the wall next to the garden and put her hands on her face, trying (and failing) to wipe her tears.

The witch jumped when she heard Viney's voice calling to her and her steps running towards the gate next to her. Oh titan, I can't face her now!

The greenette quickly ducked behind a tree seconds before Viney burst out of the gate calling for Emira.

"Emira? ... Emiraaa??"

She watched from her hiding place as Viney whistled for Puddles, climbing on her griffin wiping tears, then flying away. Emira couldn't help but think about how pretty Viney was in her suit lit up by the moonlight.

Emira pressed her back to the tree and slid down, hugging her legs and burying her face in her knees. She really made a mess of things hadn't she?

What was she going to do when she went back to school? She can't avoid Viney forever. They have classes together and each other's numbers. What if Viney showed up at her house??

Maybe she could just.. talk about this with Viney?

No, Viney probably doesn't want anything to do with Emira anymore.

She stood up, deciding she should probably go home. But not without stopping at her favorite cafe first. It wasn't too late anyways!

She started walking in the direction of the cafe, she hoped her favorite barista was working there tonight. Emira loved talking to her.

The greenette shivered and hugged herself. Should've brought a coat! Then again she didnt realize she would be walking through Bonesburrough tonight.

Emira looked down at Viney's shoes and blushed. How was Viney so perfect? And she had looked so beautiful in the garden, outfit and hair matching the greenery.

She felt a bit warmer.

Woah, she really had fallen for Viney hard. Emira couldn't truly remember ever feeling like this for anyone else before. Getting butterflies whenever she saw her, feeling electricity when they touched even the slightest bit.

And she hadn't smiled this much in so long either. Her family had noticed, asking why she was so much more energetic. Emira had always brushed it off as just being happy she had a new friend to talk to. Was this how Amity felt when she was with Luz?

Emira sighed with relief when she stepped into the cafe feeling the warm air wash over her.

The greenette walked up to the cashier and ordered her regular bitter bean blood with extra espresso, she could use the energy boost after all. Also, her favorite barista was not working tonight, rude.

She picked up her bitter bean blood and decided to sit down at a table facing a window. It was a beautiful night.

The cafe was adorably decorated with lots of plants and cat decor, and bookshelves where you could borrow a book if you wanted. (by placing half your soul down as collateral)

Some witches who were obviously coming from grom flew past the window as Emira looked out. The two were sharing a broom, holding hands and looking at each other with love. Could that have been her and Viney?

Emira hesitantly pulled out her scoll, nervous to see if there had been any messages from Viney. There were two.

—————
griffingirl13

10:33pm
where did you go?

10:39pm
can we talk em?

—————

Phew, Viney didn't seem mad. She hadn't even realized she had been at the cafe for so long. It was 11pm now!

Emira debated answering the brunette. She typed a few things, quickly deleting them. She decided against answering Viney for now. What if Viney was upset and was hiding it? Better safe than sorry.

She scrolled on penstagram for a few minutes before putting the scroll away. It was all grom posts, nothing that would make her feel better about what had happened.

What if Viney wasn't mad?

What if Viney.. had enjoyed it aswell?

She did kiss back..

Oh titan, she kissed back!!

The witch put a hand to her lips, blushing. Viney did kiss back. Why would she kiss back if she hadn't wanted it? Maybe to just be nice and not hurt Emira's feelings?

Uhg, why is this so complicated?

The barista came up to Emira, who had lowered her hand back down and put her head on the table. "Uh, we're closing now miss, unfortunately you'll need to leave now."

"Oh sorry, I didn't even notice the time. I'll go now." Emira quickly stood up and tossed her now empty bitter bean blood cup into the trash while leaving. She did feel better now, if only a little bit.

She stood outside the cafe trying to figure out what to do next. She decided to just walk home now, hopefully Viney wasn't still looking for her.

Emira wrapped her arms back around her waist, shivering a bit and beginning the walk back home. It wasn't to bad of a walk, but she was glad she had Viney's sneakers. Usually she would fly her palisman here.

Her mind wandered back to Viney. Viney had her favorite pair of heels!

Continuing her walk home, she ignored any sketchy witches looking to sell her strange potions and deadly plants looking to have her as a midnight snack.

A sigh of relief came out of Emira as she finally started nearing her home, recognizing the nearby trees. It reminded her of the night she first met her crush in the woods.

She felt a buzz in her pocket as she started walking up the pathway to the front door. Pulling out her scroll to read the message, she stopped abruptly.

—————
griffingirl13

11:29pm
i might be at your house rn

—————

Her eyes widened as she read the message. Looking up right next to her door stood a brunette looking awfully nervous, next to a familiar griffin.

———————————
word count: 1017

a/n
heyyy sorry about like dipping for a bit, the boogie man stole my motivation😢 but im back now!! im trying to get back into the groove of writing so apologies if this chapter is a bit wonky!