Chpt 3: In which there is an escape plan and small talk

Viney's pov
The two girls dove into the cave right as the ballistic griffin barreled right by them, not noticing its dinner slipping away.

"Damn. That was absolutely terrifying. Wow." Emira sputtered out. At this point all her tears were gone, replaced by the fear for her life. All that was left of her mental breakdown was her tear-stained shirt and dried, runny mascara.

Viney turned to peek out of the little cave they had taken refuge in. Seeing the griffin had stopped a little ways away to eat a tree, the brunette figured right now would be a great time to create an amazing escape plan.

"So, how do you think we could get out of this?" Viney questioned the other girl.

"I could make illusions of us running a different way. Or maybe an illusion of something distracting? Like... a bug?" Emira pondered. She didn't take illusions just to play pranks, they came in handy for other things.

Viney pondered this idea. Yes, it could work, but what if the griffin notices them sneaking away? Or if it sees through the illusion?

"Well, it's the best plan I can think of. Give it a shot." Viney told Emira.

Emira snuck her way over the the opening of the cave, making sure to be as quiet as humanly possible. She carefully drew a spell circle with a spin of her hand, making an illusion of the two girls.

"This look good enough to you?" Emira asked the brunette.

"Wow, that is surprisingly good." Viney said. "Make them run that way, towards the Hexside beast keeping stables." She instructed, pointing towards the beast keeping grounds.

"Wait. You go to Hexside? No way! I go there to!" Emira exclaimed happily. Maybe she could finally have a friend there that isn't her brother or her brothers friends!

"Yeah! What tracks are you in?" Viney asked the green haired girl. She only knew a few other witches that were doing multi-tracks.

"I do illusions! I want to also do healing and beast keeping but my mother doesn't want me to mix magic. It's a shame, really." Emira sighed. Oh how she wished to do multiple tracks, but of course her no good parents always got in the way of things for her. "But what tracks do you do?"

"Oh, I do beastkeeping and healing! You know, you could always ask Bump to multi-track, he'd probably be able to keep it a secret. He's kept the human a secret." Viney shrugged.

"That's a good-" Emira was cut off by the loud roaring of the griffin. "Oh shit, I forgot about the whole griffin thing. Maybe I should do that now."

Emira sent the two illusions of the girls to run in front of the griffin, and then to the Hexside beast keeping stables. They ran in front of the griffin, did some inappropriate human hand gestures Emira learned from Luz, and ran away.

"Phew, ok, I think we should be safe now." Emira relaxed a bit.

"Well, let's not waste any time. Come on, let's go find somewhere to talk." Viney suggested.

"Talk? Shouldn't we be getting home? It's like, 2am." Emira wondered aloud.

"Yeah no. I found you crying your eyes out in the middle of the forest. You're not getting away from me that easily, green girl." Viney stated, her eyes showing Emira that she wasn't going to be able to get away from this situation.

"I- alright. How about the park over in Bonesburrow?" Emira sighed. There shouldn't be anyone at the park at this time, so Viney figured it was a good enough idea. "Alrighty Blighty, let's go!"

Narrator's pov
They made their way out of the forest slow and steady, making small talk about the little things in life. There was the occasional stumble and catching of the other, causing two little lesbians to blush.

Out of embarrassment, of course. Well that's was they would tell you. But anyone else can very clearly see, those were not embarrassment blushes.

But alas, now is not the time for that. It's what, the third chapter? Don't worry, you'll get real, crush blushes and flirting later on.

Now go, read your silly little witch fanfic.

Emira's pov
They finally made it to the Bonesburrow park. Yes it's meant for little kids, but who cares? A park is a park, and no sign saying only seven years of age or younger is going to stop the two girls.

"Alrighty Blighty, you're not leaving here until I'm somehow able to help you out at least a little bit." Viney insisted.

Viney sat Emira down onto a swing, then sitting down on the one next to the greenette. Turning her head to look at the Blight she spoke softly, "So, I'm not going to make you spill all your secrets to me, but I would like to make sure you're at least somewhat okay."

"I- I don't really want to talk about it..." Emira sighed.

"Well that's fine to. We can just hang out for a bit, if you'd like?" Viney asked her, winking. Emira blushed at that, even just the tiniest bit. I suppose that would be fine, it's not like mother and father will care about me if I'm gone for an hour or two. Emira thought to herself.

Realized she hadn't responded, she quickly spoke, "O-oh, yeah sure, I mean, unless you have somewhere you need to be?" She didn't want to take up Viney's time. But deep down she knew she did. It was like she was just being drawn to Viney, like- what are those human things called? Magens? Nangets? Magnets?

And so they sat and talked for awhile, topics ranging from their favorite flowers to what they think human food tastes like. "Probably a lot better than the food here! We eat live fairies for titan's sake!" They laughed.

It was like they couldn't separate. Like they had just found the second half of their selves, like they finally felt whole again.

Before they knew it, the sun was starting to rise. "Hey, would you like to go watch the sunrise on a secret spot with me?" Viney asked, hoping the greenette would say yes. "Sure! As long as you don't murder me while we're there..." Emira trailed off.

"Don't worry, I won't murder you. I think." Viney stood up off the swing and held out a hand to Emira. "So, m'lady, shall we go?"

Emira sat there for a moment, blushing. Wow, she thought, I am so gay. She gratefully took Viney's hand as Viney dragged Emira off towards her secret spot. It seems like this disaster night was going a lot better then it had been.

The swing set creaked in the background as the two girls ran off together, like lovers do. But they're not lovers. Not yet anyways.

————————————
Word count: 1147
A/N: I forgot how gay I was, and then I saw a pretty girl at gymnastics, just because the universe decided I needed a reminder. I also started my period in the middle of writing this, so that was just peachy.