Chpt 8: In which grom doesn't go as planned

3rd person pov:
By now around one month had passed since the two girls skipped class together for the first time and they both had managed to grow rather large crushes on the other, each very aware of it one way or another.

Viney had a plan. Today, after school, at their meeting spot she was going to ask out THE Emira Blight to grom. The brunette was very nervous but she figured it was now or never.

It was all planned out. Why couldn't it have gone correctly? Why did she have to wait? Now her chance was ruined. If only Viney had been a day faster.

Viney sat in her room on her bed with Puddles right next to her. She scratched behind the griffin's neck while tears were starting to pool in her eyes. "Oh Puddles... why couldn't I have just gotten some balls a day earlier?"

Earlier that day, after school
The brunette could be seen standing in an empty classroom, waiting for a certain someone. She had everything planned. Ask if Emira has a date, Emira hopefully says no, give Emira flowers and ask the girl to grom.

She tapped her foot anxiously, waiting to hear the greenette's soft footsteps.

The door opened. "Hey V! Guess what! I was asked to grom!"

Viney felt her heart sink at those words. If hearts could fall out of peoples asses, hers would have.

"O-oh! That's.. great! Congrats!" The brunette gathered everything she had in her to say that. "I'm uhh.. guessing you said yes."

Emira's face turned to one of concern at Viney's sudden change in demeanor. "Yeah I did. Are you okay Viney?"

The brunette started to choke back tears, she couldn't cry in front of Emira. Not now.

"I'm f-fine.. I have to go, sorry I can't stay today." She quickly brushed past Emira and left the classroom, not waiting to hear a reply.

Emira was now very concerned about her cru- friend. Viney was usually one to talk and share about things, why was she acting so weird?

Back to the current time
Viney didn't want to go to grom anymore. She really didn't. But something, somewhere deep down in her gut was telling her to go to grom. Who knows why?

The brunette wiped her tears, rising from her spot on her bed. "I'm going to be there for Emira tonight. Even if she's with someone else, she's still my friend."

Puddles turned her head sideways in a "you want to see Emira looking pretty, don't you." Way.

"Okay maybe, but I should go to grom anyways! Also, she's always pretty!" Viney scowled to the griffin. "I'm getting ready now. Out!"

Puddles left her room with a shoo.

Viney sighed and went to her closet to pull out the nights outfit.

A dark green tuxedo with small black swirls and a black tie, and small gold accents at the end of her sleeves and bottoms of the trousers.

Viney pulled the outfit on, looking at herself in the mirror. "Lookin sharp!" She winked and made finger guns at herself.

She decided to leave her hair in its normal style, but cleaned it up a little. She also decided to switch out the usual spiky headband with a plain gold one.

"Alright, it's now or never."

She quickly hurried down the stairs to get her shoes on. She cuffed the ankles of her dark green trousers and slid on some black high top sneakers. She already didn't want to go to this dance thing, so might as well have comfortable feet while suffering.

Viney left her house, closing the door tightly behind her and began the walk to Hexside academy. It was only a fifteen minute walk. But to Viney it felt like three, going by way to fast for her comfort.

The girl took a moment before entering her school, standing and taking deep breaths to calm her nerves down. She was so not ready to see her crush with someone else.

But she needed to be there, her gut knew that and Viney always knew to trust her gut.

She entered the school gym to see it all sparkly and shiny, only the best for grom night. Viney knew that her other two friends, Jerbo and Barcus had decided to skip grom this year, as they didn't have dates and felt no need in going.

The brunette drifted around the gym, from the food to the punch bowl, but always trying to spot the certain someone who she had originally came for.

Viney had gotten some punch when she finally spotted the one she had been looking for the whole time, the one and only Emira Blight.

Wow, she looks absolutely beautiful was the only thought in Vineys mind when she had first seen the greenette. 

Emira had decided to wear a velvet red dress with a v-neckline that went down to her mid-thigh. She was wearing dark, dark green necklaces and earrings which sparkled in the lighting.

But once Viney looked closer she realized that Emira was looking rather upset, along with her brother. The two were sitting on the bleachers, across the gym from the designated splash zone.

Both had a look on their face that seemed to be a cross of annoyance and misery. Emira had her chin resting on her hands propped up on her legs while Edric was leaning back with his arms folded on his chest.

The brunette went to go talk to them. "Hey Blights! What's up with you guys?"

Emira's face immediately lit up once she heard Viney's voice, as Viney was always able to brighten up a bad day.

"Oh! Hey V! Nothing much, what's with you? Looking rather dashing in that suit!" Emira said with a weak smile towards the shorter witch.

Viney blushed with Emira's comment, getting rather flustered. "Oh! Thank you! You look very pretty in that dress as well!" She said with a sincere tone.

A small blush could be seen on the greenette's face. "Thank you! Here, sit next to me." She scooted over a little, patting the space next to her.

Viney walked over and sat down next to her crush. "So, why're you sitting here alone? I thought you had a date?"

Emira looked away, not wanting to see the pity on Viney's face. "Ah. The truth is I got stood up. Edric, to. I mean, I didn't really want to go with the guy, but it still hurts to be stood up.."

The brunette's face dropped hearing that Emira had been stood up. How could anyone stand up Emira? "Oh, I'm so sorry about that. I don't know how anyone could stand you up."

Viney stood up and held out a hand to Emira. "How about this, we ditch this place and go somewhere? I know a cool place. Let me make up for your date?" She winked to the blushing girl sitting in front of her.

Emira took Viney's hand and stood up. "Yeah, that sounds great. Let's go!"

————————————————
Word count: 1182

A/n: hihi! Sorry for not updating in awhile, I was on vacation! But brace yourselves for the next chapter, it's a little bit of a rollercoaster!!