Chapter 7

"Something probably happened." Conrad said.

"I need to find out! I'll be right back." I ran inside and frantically searched for Taylor. I found her on the stairs with tears in her eyes. "Tayyy."

She let out a huff. "What do you want?"

"Woah. No need to be mean. I saw Belly leave. I was wondering what happened." I said trying my best to sound sober.

"I fucked up." She wiped away a tear. I sat down next to her waiting for her to continue. "I hooked up with Steven."

My eyes widened. "Steven? Like Belly's brother Steven?"

"Okay Scar, youre drunk. Don't worry about it."

"Girl that is some tea. Let's go, we'll take you back with us." I put my arm around her and walked her out to where the boys were.

"Mission for you Mr. Conrad." I pointed at him. "Find Steven. We want to go home."

"Yeah, I'll meet you guys at the car." Conrad said as he walked inside to find Steven.

"Are you and Belly okay?" Jeremiah asked Taylor.

"No I fucked up." Taylor responded to Jeremiah.

"How about we let Steven sit in the front?" I asked when we approached the car.

"Yeah. Yes please." Taylor said. The three of us piled into the back seat.

~~~

"Hey Scar." I was softly awakened. I was in the car. The world was spinning around me. "We're home."

"Oh shit." I said. I climbed out of the car. Jeremiah held out his hand to me but I missed it causing me to fall.

"Scar, quiet! The moms are sleeping." Conrad said.

"Scar, quiet." I mocked him.

Taylor and I walked up to our room.

"Hey Scar?" Belly sat up once we appeared. "Do you think you could sleep in Jeremiah's room? I really don't want to share a bed with her right now."

"Yeah no problem." I said trying to hide my excitement of having an excuse to sleep in Jeremiah's room. "I'll sleep on Jere's ground."

"Thank you. I love you." Belly said. I smiled at her and the smile didn't go away on my way to Jeremiah's room.

"Scarlet what are you doing?" Jeremiah ask when barged into his room and laid on his bed.

"Belly doesn't want to share a bed with Taylor so she asked me to sleep in here. Isn't that crazy?" I asked.

"I'm not complaining." Jeremiah said as he took off his shirt to get ready for bed. I stared at his body getting lost in his abs. "What happened between them anyways?"

"She hooked up with Steven." I said before I felt my eyes get so heavy to the point where I completely fell asleep.

~~~

My eyes felt heavy. Almost too impossible to open due to the sun barging through the window. My head was pounding.

"Oh shit." I said when I finally opened my eyes. I was in Jeremiah's room. And he was no where to be found.

The door opened softly. Jeremiah appeared, he handed me a green smoothie. These smoothies taste like shit but really do help with hangovers.

"Thank you Jeremiah." I said after he handed the smoothie to me. I drank it as fast as I could. Begging for the sick feeling to go away. "I am never drinking again." I leaned my head on his shoulder when he sat down next to me. "How are Belly and Taylor?"

"It doesn't seem good. Belly and Laurel just left to take her to the bus station." He responded.

"Damn, I didn't think she'd actually go home early."

"They'll get over it. They always do." Jeremiah said.

"Jeremiah?" I softly called.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think my mom would be proud of who I am?"

Jeremiah didn't say anything. He didn't know what to say. He wasn't expecting this type of question.

"Of course she would." He responded.

"I don't know."

"Scarlet, you meant everything to her. She's looking down on you every single day. And you might not know it, but she's helping you on all of those little decisions that you make."

"And Austin, it's my fault that he isn't following his dreams." I felt so guilty.

"You are his dream Scar, his dream is to see you thrive."

"I feel like I've barely talked to him this summer." I fiddled with my thumbs.

"He's been working a lot. I'm sure he understands. He just wants you to have a good summer. You need a good summer." Jeremiah smiled and pushed a piece of hair out of my face. He leaned in and gave me a soft kiss. I am having a good summer after all.