Chapter 10

Jeremiah's POV

I took a deep breath as I floated down to the bottom of the pool. I felt the pressure of someone else jump in. I opened my eyes but couldn't see much due to the fact that I was underwater and it was night time. When I came back to the surface I noticed Belly floating next to me.

"Hey Bells." I smiled at her. She smiled back but didn't say anything. I continued to stare at her as she began getting closer to me.

"Jeremiah." She said when our faces were just inches apart.

I stared at her not knowing how to react.

"Jeremiah I need to tell you something." She said. Oh no, this doesn't seem good. I softly shook my head no but she didn't realize it. And before I knew it, her lips were on mine. How can I cut this off without hurting her. I can't tell her about Scarlet. Scarlet would kill me. But then again, Scarlet would kill me if she knew I was still kissing Belly.

I backed away once I realized I put too much into the kiss.

"Jeremiah, I think you're the one." Belly said getting closer to me after I backed away. Fuck, what do I do. I can't hurt Belly. She's still one of my best friends.

"What about Conrad? Or.. or Scarlet?" We all knew Belly had a crush on Conrad and it wasn't a very big secret that Scarlet had a crush on me growing up.

"I'm over Conrad." She rolled her eyes. "And Scarlet? She's been over you for years." Has she?

This is going to ruin their friendship. This is going to ruin everything.

"Do you think you could ever be with me?" She asked looking deep into my eyes.

"I..I don't know." I responded. I should've just said no. Why'd I say that? I can't be mean to Belly. I can't risk hurting her.

"Think about it." Belly leaned in and kissed me one more time before she got out of the pool and disappeared into the house.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

This is going to ruin everything.

Scarlet's POV

"Where were you?" I asked Belly when she came into the room. Her hair was wet.

"I was swimming." She paused. "With Jeremiah."

"Oh, thanks for the invite." I joked.

"Get some sleep. The volleyball tournament is tomorrow." Belly said laying down into her bed.

~~~

"Hey Scar." I woke up to an amazing sight. Jeremiah was standing in the doorway. The door to the bathroom flung open revealing Belly in just a towel.

"Oh hi!" Belly seemed to almost panic when she saw Jeremiah.

"Hi." Jeremiah awkwardly said. "Sleep good?"

"Yeah yeah, no dreams." Belly stuttered. I watched as this weird interaction went on.

"You guys excited for the tournament today?" Jeremiah asked trying to include me in this awkward conversation.

"Yeah. Taylor and I are going to kick some butt." Belly said. Taylor?

"Belly, I thought we were partners? Because we have to raise money for the deb ball." I asked.

Belly turned towards me. "Oh uh, yeah I should've told you. Taylor's coming, I figured she'd be my partner."

What. The. Fuck. I need to raise atleast $2,000 for the deb ball. How can I do that if I don't have a partner?