Chapter 8

Today is the Fourth of July. Every year we have a big party where the boys shoot off fireworks. It's definitely one of the best days of the year.

"Good morning." I sung as I walked downstairs and grabbed some cereal. Jeremiah looked up at me and gave me the sweetest smile.

"That reminds. Your dad isn't coming." Suzanna said to the boys.

"Wait dad isn't coming?" Jeremiah sounded hurt.

"Dads not coming?" Conrad answered in a totally different tone. He seemed happy about it.

"But I got some crazy fireworks this year." Jeremiah pleaded.

Suzanna shrugged. "We'll send a video."

"It's not the same."

I put my hand on top of Jeremiah's. "It's okay. We'll still have a good time."

Jeremiah made eye contact with Conrad. "What are you smiling about?"

Conrad tried to hide his smile. "No reason."

"Belly, go fix that room for your dad and Victoria now." Laurel said.

"Victoria?" I questioned.

"My dads new girlfriend." Belly rolled her eyes as she got out of her seat and fix the bedroom.

"What if she's a bitch?" I quietly said to Jeremiah.

He held back a laugh considering Laurel and Steven were in the same room.

"I'm off to work." Austin arrived in the kitchen.

"You work? But it's the Fourth of July." I pleaded for him to stay.

"I'm sorry Scar, have fun." He kissed the top of my head and wandered away.

The doorbell rang. All of us jumped up to get a glimpse at Victoria.

"She's hot." Jeremiah said. As we all peaked through the window.

"Dude." Steven pushed Jeremiah away from the window.

"I'm just saying what everyone is thinking." Jeremiah defended himself.

"I wasn't thinking that." Belly snapped.

"Me neither." I agreed with Belly.

"Dude, that can be their future step mom." Conrad said.

"Okay go go." Steven pushed us away when the adults started to open the door.

Jeremiah, Conrad, and I ran upstairs so we don't get in the way of the 'family reunion.'

"I'm sorry your dad couldn't make it." I said to Conrad and Jeremiah.

"I'm not." Conrad smiled at me. I gave him a very confused look. Conrad has always been close with his dad.

"Why are you acting so weird?" Jeremiah snapped at Conrad.

"I don't know, maybe it's this whole relationship thing going on between you two. It's a little weird." Conrad replied.

The doorbell rang again revealing the deb girls.

"Hey guys." I said. I was the first to greet them. I hugged each of them as well. "Find your way to the backyard, there's snacks and a pool."

"Hi Jeremiah." Gigi smiled at him as she walked through the house to the backyard. I gave Jeremiah a disgusted look.

He smiled. "It's cute when your jealous."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Let's go."

In the backyard everyone was having a good time. Music played lightly in the background. Shayla was meeting Steven's parents and it seems like they love her. How could you not? She's so sweet.