Chapter 13

"Nail day!" I woke up to Suzanna in the doorway. "I've been looking for you everywhere, why are you in here?" I looked around to see I was sleeping on the floor in Conrad's room.

"It was a long night." I smiled at her. "I'll be right down."

"Don't take too long, we have to get ready for the ball tomorrow." Suzanna sung as she walked down the stairs. A day spent with just Belly and Suzanna? Great.

I walked to my room praying Belly wasn't in there. But with my luck, she was. I didn't say anything while I walked over to my closet to grab some clothes. Taylor wasn't here. She probably left this morning, thank god. I avoided eye contact as I went to the bathroom and changed.

I walked down stairs where I saw Suzanna and Laurel making breakfast. Belly was sitting on the stool up against the counter. None of the boys were in sight.

"Hey Belly I think Jeremiah is still sleeping. Could you go check on him?" Suzanna asked.

"Do you think you could check on him Scar? I'm in the middle of eating my eggs." Belly shyly smiled towards me.

"Um yeah yeah." I stuttered. I made my way back upstairs. I stood outside Jeremiah's room. I slowly knocked on it. No response. I opened the door and Jeremiah was still sleeping. He's usually the first to wake up every morning.

"Hey Jeremiah." I said from standing in the doorway. No response. "Jere." I shook his shoulder. His eyes opened to reveal that they were blood shot. He's been crying all night. "Your mom made breakfast." I said right before I walked out of the room. Last night in the car, I didn't tell Jeremiah yes or no about giving him another chance. I simply didn't know the answer myself.

"You ready girls?" Suzanna grabbed her purse when I walked back downstairs.

Belly and I followed her out to the car. Instead of arguing over shot gun like we usually do, we both walked to the back seats giving each other the front.

"Uh you can take front." Belly said.

"No no, you can." I said getting into the back. Belly shrugged and got into the front seat.

Suzanna looked at the both of us like we were crazy but decided not to say anything.

We drove to the nail salon in silence. Suzanna tried starting small talk with us but it never worked out too well.

"That color would look great!" Suzanna said when I picked out what color I wanted. "Don't you agree Belly?"

"Mhm." Belly responded without looking over to see what color was chosen.

"Okay girls what's going on?" Suzanna asked when we all sat down in the salon chairs. Suzanna in the middle.

Belly and I looked away to avoid the question.

"I have never seen you two act like this before. We're going to figure this out." Suzanna said.

Still no response from either of us.

"Okay we'll do this one by one. Belly, tell your side."

Belly sighed before she finally began to talk. "Where do I start?"

"From the beginning." Suzanna said like it was obvious.

"Basically, I kissed Jeremiah and I didn't know they were dating." Belly said while she nodded towards me.

Suzanna's eyes widened. She looked around not knowing how to respond to that.

"You're dating Jeremiah?" She asked me. She was very confused.

"Was." I shrugged.

"And you kissed him?" She turned to Belly.

"I didn't know they were dating." Belly defended herself.

"I thought you liked Conrad?" Suzanna asked. That statement finally made me look at Belly. That was Belly's biggest secret. She didn't know that it was obvious.

Belly huffed. "I'm over Conrad. He'd never like me and I realized that Conrad isn't the one for me and maybe it was Jeremiah."

"And how long have you two been dating?" Suzanna now asked me.

"About 2 months." I answered.

"Wow, I can't believe you two are ruining your friendship over a boy. Especially Jeremiah." Suzanna said sounded almost disappointed. "Do you two have anything to say to each other?"

I shook my head no.

"Yeah.." Belly said softly. I looked over at her. "I'm sorry Scarlet, if I knew you guys were a thing I would've never kissed him."

"It's okay." I lied. It really wasn't okay. I've always had a crush on Jeremiah and she always liked Conrad. It was wrong of her to just assume that I was over Jeremiah.

~~~

"Jeremiah I need to talk to you." Suzanna sternly said when we walked into the house. Belly and I made eye contact with each other.

Shit, what is she going to say?

Jeremiah's POV

"Uh yeah." I said to my mom. She grabbed my arm and led me to her room. Belly and Scarlet stayed in the kitchen. What the fuck happened?

After my mom closed the door she turned to look at me. Hands to her hips. "Jeremiah I am so disappointed in you."

I felt my heart drop. "Wh-why?"

"Trying to hook up with Belly and Scarlet? What got into you?" She began to raise her voice.

"That's where you're wrong mom." I said. "I didn't try hooking up with both of them. Scarlet's my girlfriends. Or was i guess?"

"So what's the deal with Belly? You've just been leading her on?" My mom crossed her arms.

I sighed. "Belly kissed me. She didn't know Scar and I were dating. It was all just a big misunderstanding."

"You need to get this all figured out." My mom said sternly.

"Why are you yelling at me? I had all of this figured out! None of this would've happened if Conrad would grow up!" I began to yell. It was right. Conrad loves Belly but some reason he keeps playing games with her heart.

"Conrad? He's dating Nicole this has nothing to do with him." She said.

"But he doesn't love Nicole. He loves Belly. She loves him too but none of them know how to discuss their feelings with each other."

She took a deep breath. "I don't know what I'm going to do with all of you. Just a bunch of horny teenagers. You're going to break Scarlet's heart and that's the last thing she needs Jeremiah."

"No mom, that's not it. I'm in love with Scarlet. I always have been." I said my voice getting lower. "No one would've ever gotten hurt if Conrad would stop playing games and admit his fucking feelings for Belly."

She took long pause. "If you really love her, you need to make it right again."