INVITATION

Our story started on a normal day of our lives which became much more than we can ever imagine.
~ PRINCESS SARANYA/RACHAL

DEVGIRI FALGUNI PALACE
PRINCESS SARANYA

"It's time to wake up my princess." I opened my eyes as the light rays of dawn entered and filled the one of the most grandest room of royal fort. FALGUNI PALACE. "Jai maa Tulja Bhavani." I said doing namaskar to the raising sun in East. "Sujata bring my sword. I am having a early practice with Pita Maharaj." I ordered my handmaiden as I tied my hair into tight bun. "You look like a goddess princess. I am sure the kingdom will love a queen like you." I heard one of my maid's flattery. I rolled my eyes at her. Even though my brother was born before me his political and martial skills are below mediocre for a royal. Rotten to core he is a prime example of a prideful pig.

That's the reason my father give me more priority than him in every aspect. From cloths to important decision while he is more like a title stamp. Whereas I like to spend time in court, training areana, military camp and socializing with nobels and commoners his days are spent visiting gardens and sitting ideally. My face immediately scrunched up when I saw him talking with Pita Maharaj at the training ground meant for only both of us. "You woke up early brother." I mocked him as I touched Pita Maharaj's feets in greetings. He sent a death glare in my direction. "Of course I did Princess." He said with venom in his voice. He is not like this in our childhood. But as we grow up he changed to worest.

"I think you must leave Arun." Pita Maharaj said in a stern and cold voice. He gave me a glare and left at once. "So how is our future queen ?" He asked in completely opposite tone to me. I gave him a cheeky grin. "I am fine Pita Maharaj." I said happily returning his smile. He cleared his throat. "I have a work for you." He said handing me a letter binded in black fabric. I frowned as I took it from him. Only one kingdom uses black fabric to write letters and I am interested why they wrote it to us.

MAHARAJ RANJIT DEVRAJ,

         A lot of greetings to you from our entire kingdom. The years past really fast and again it's time for the Silver Assemble of Nations on the new moon of next month. We are very glad to invite the humble and great kingdom of Devgiri to the Assembly.

From,
Maharaj Surendra Shekhawat
Bhramagiri Samrajya.

I read the invitation once and then twice. "What is Silver Assembly ?" I asked as I neatly folded the scroll. "It's a assembly held every twenty five years. Every princess, prince and regents are invited. It's main motive is to bust the friendship between the kingdoms and clans. This was not held in last fifty years." He explained. "How long it will last ?" I asked immediately. "It depends. Generally three to six months according to our sources." He replied. My face scrunched up. "Do I have to put up with Arun for months Maharaj ?" I asked groaning. He gave me a smile. "He is not going. I don't want a disappointment like him trash out name." He said his voice turning a bit angry in end. I can understand his feelings.

"Then I will go alone Maharaj." I said smiling. He nodded at me. "Go and choose your convey. You must leave tommorow at dawn itself if you want to reach on time." He said smiling. I nodded happily as I skipped my way to my chambers ordering my maids to pack my things. The entire fort burst into activities as the things are packed and loaded into carts. I stood on the highest balcony of my chambers and looked at the nearest place. Arun's palace. Hardly a place for a heir. I smirked at his condition. He can say good bye to his position as a king now that he never attend the Silver Assemble. "Saranya." I rolled my eyes and turned around to my grandmother. Rajmata Mandakini. "Ji Rajmata." I asked in fake respect. This old hag is always with Arun.

"You are doing this wrong." She said warning me. I huffled and sat on the swing in my balcony and took a bite from the apple kept in the fruit bowl. "What did I do ?" I asked innocently frowning my eyebrows. She banged her walking stick to ground in anger. "I had seen the reign of your great-grandfather and grandfather Princess. I had also seen their demise. Your pity games might work on Ranjit and Devki but it won't work on me and Arun. Do you think I don't know how you are spreading rumors about Arun and bribing the officials and ministers in your favour." She said her face red in anger. I let her vent of everything as I just sat on the swing taking it to and fro and kept on munching on my apple.