Chapter 11: Picasso

I woke up, get up in the most familiar room I've ever been.

As I thought, I passed out.

I rose from my bed and at the same time Elena entered the room.

"M-Miss." She hurried to me.

"E-Elena, what happened to Leora?" I asked.

"Lady Leora drank the tea that was meant for you, she was poisoned." Elena said.

I see, that might be why it happened.

No, That's the only plausible answer. Leora haven't debuted to the high society yet and nobles don't even see her as a threat so it's impossible that someone will poison her.

Moreover, she is protected by Father. No one would dare to get to the bad side of the Duke.

I... They attempted to assasinate me since the Duke does not favor me, and that incident where Mother died too...

If this continues, the athority of the Duke Magnus will be tarnished moreover it could also affect Leora.

"Moreover, Young Miss you still need to stay in bed. You just woke up." Elena worriedly said.

"I need to speak to Father, I need to warn him." I walked a few steps but I suddenly tumbled.

"Young Miss!" She hurriedly rushed to me, dropping the tray she's carrying.

As soon as she came to me someone knocked on my door.

---

" I'm glad to know that you're finally awake, Young Lady. But, you should not move around too much still." Dr. Crowley spoke.

" When will I recover? I have urgent matters I must attend to. " I spoke seriously.

"Lady Magnus..." The physician said my name.

It was a sign that he's going to say something that can't be heard by anyone except me.

"Elena, go out." I said.

"But-" She was about to object but she realized what was going on and went out of the room.

As soon as Elena was out of the room, the physician started talking.

" Young Lady, you are..." the next words he said hit me like thousands of needles.

I knew that I've been quite unwell these days but I neever imagined it was something of this degree.

As Dr. Crowley's words and prescription continued, I could feel a cold rush flowing down to my spine as if my life has been written before I could even object, as if it was taken for granted.

Maybe, I had it coming.

I emptied my head of my personal thoughts and feelings and thought of the things I should do first.

" Have you... told the Duke?" I asked.

It was a meaningless question. It was obvious that there's just a little chance that he knows, given how much he dislikes me and the incident that happened