Chapter 8

TW: Descriptions of violence, talk of past near death experiences, and (minor) cursing.
Skip if you must.

—————————————

Alaina laughs nervously. "Well.." She pats Lily on the head. "You should go back to the boat, or somewhere safer." Lily does as they're told and flies back towards the houseboat.

Sabre taps his foot. "What are they then?"

"Oh you know.." She looks at Sabre. "Just.. flower cats." She half jokes. She sighs, turning back to the jungle. The creatures are just standing there. "The locals call them Orcholots." She says.

"Orcholots? What does that even mean?"

"Well," She looks at Sabre again. "They're mostly made out of, you'd probably guess, orchids."

"Like Blue Orchids?"

"Not exactly. They're.. different colors." She explains. "They look like Blue Orchids but they're mostly.. orange and indigo it seems."

Sabre tilts his head to look at Ryan and Cliff. "Does that sound familiar to you?"

"Yup."

"So there are things from other worlds appearing in this one.. that can't be good." Ryan says.

Sabre nods. "I agree. We need to rid the realm of this.. glitchy virus before we can fix these, uh.." He looks at Alaina. "No offense, abnormalities."

Alaina just smiles at him. "I knew the second I was able to think for myself that I wasn't supposed to be like this." She says. "I don't know how or why but it wasn't right."

They all look back to the jungle. "Do you think those things are hostile?"

Alaina sighs. "They mostly are, unfortunately, but—"

She's cut off by lightning, and at the edge of the forest they see yet another glitch portal. Two figures jump out this time though, Sabre and Ryan recognizing them both.

"Oh come on, for real?!" M shouts, "Can't we get a break?!"

Sabre chuckles nervously. "Maybe we go back to my house and forget about this.."

Ryan shakes his head. "Yeah I agree, let's go!" He turns around just to be stopped by Time. "You're not gonna let us back out are you?" Time shakes his head. "Knew it." He turns back to Sabre. "Guess we're facing death again, yay!" He cheers sarcastically.

Sabre groans at this. "I really don't wanna see them again man, can we please just go?"

Time Steve shakes his head again. "No, we need those cocoa beans. Especially if you want to cure your friend because I doubt you can do that on command."

"To be fair this cure might not even work.."

"Maybe but it's worth a shot, right?" Sabre nods. "This adventure wasn't just for that, you know."

"Yeah, adventure is fun, but those guys are not."

"Well, I wouldn't know that considering I don't know them, but I believe you. We still need cocoa beans though."

Sabre sighs. "Yeah but.. I don't really wanna deal with guy."

"If you don't then we don't either, but we need to get cocoa beans." Time tries to reason.

"Yeah but these guys aren't people you wanna mess with!" Sabre yells.

"How about we not fight with each other, and instead fight when them, yeah?" Cliff says, making the both of them shut up. "Plus they're kind of staring at us menacingly."