Chapter 9

TW: Violence, mentions of death, mentions of attempted murder, mentions of near death experiences, (mild) cursing, weapons, blood
[Smol edit]: decapitation as well, I won't explain it in full detail but it's still here

Be warned, don't read if you're sensitive to these topics.

Also, I'm American so I've always spelled colour without the extra vowel (color), and now I've started using this version. I'm not going back to change them all, though.

[Time and V wrote this chapter]

—————————————

Slicer rolls his eyes. "Mortals like you cannot beat me!"

Origin raises an eyebrow. "Who gave you the idea we were mortal..?"

Sabre smirks at this, and Slicer laughs. "Who gave you the idea you're not?"

Origin shrugs. "Maybe the amount of times I've been struck with lightning," He taps his chin. "or maybe it's just something I know, and you never will for sure." He summons his choice of weapon, that being an oversized battle axe. "It could be because I'm a creator, as well."

Sabre holds the spear out again, and the Orcholot crouches as if it's about to pounce. Sabre assumes it will, and he looks down at it's neck and notices seven distinct symbols. They look familiar. They're coloured as well. He'll have to ask Origin about that later.

Origin summons a copy of his weapon, to duel-wield them and hopefully deal more damage or something. "Are you sure you want to fight? You could always turn around and leave, you know." Origin gives them a chance, knowing they won't take it, but offering nonetheless.

"I never back down from a fight."

Origin sighs. "So be it then.. Jenga." The cat looks up at Origin and tilts it's head. Sabre assumes that's it's name then, if it responded that way. Origin points at John and Slicer, "Attack."

The cat's instant reaction was to turn back to them and growl, before leaping forward to knock John over. Slicer attempts to throw a knife at it, but Origin blocks it with one of his axes. Sabre just stands there, not knowing what to do.

Origin flings his arm and pushes Slicer away from the plant-cat with his axe. "One on one." He walks closer to Slicer and swings his axes around, looking up while doing so. "What do you say?" He reverts his gaze down to Slicer, being taller than him, and smiles creepily.

Slicer grabs two more knives nervously, Sabre a bit less scared of him seeing his vulnerable side. He's also duel wielding his weapons, probably wishing he had swords or something instead.

Origin and Slicer start swinging at each other, and John attempts to save his leader. Jenga has him pinned down, and since his swords are large, he can't really fight off the cat with them. He resorts to treating it like a crazy dog instead, holding it back by the neck as it tries to quite literally bite his face off.

Sabre backs away from the fights, if they need help he'll step in.

Origin swings his axe around, trying to hit Slicer somewhere. Slicer ducks under the axe and jabs one of his knives into Origin's leg, and Origin kicks him away. Slicer had a strong grip on his knife, so as he's kicked away, his knife comes with him. Origin is now bleeding, but that's the least of his worries.

John kicked Jenga away from him, and Jenga pounced back onto him almost instantaneously. They go back and forth before Jenga finally gets John tired enough that he stops resisting, and Jenga bites down on his head. Let's just say he's not gonna be able to fight anyone anymore.