I Was There When You Lose

.

.

.

(I was there when you lose)

In his fourth year as a bodyguard, Pete had a new roommate named Porsche.

Unlike other bodyguards who needed to go through training for 8-12 months or came from military backgrounds, Porsche didn't. Pete heard that he was a streetfighter, and the privilege that he had was because he had saved Khun Kinn once.

Even though other bodyguards like Big and Ken hated his guts because Porsche had climbed immediately to be the head bodyguard for Khun Kinn, Pete found him pleasant to be around. Sure, he made mistakes and chaos here and there, but nonetheless, Porsche is a good guy. Most importantly, he's clean enough to use the same room as Pete.

One day, a big chaos erupted from the meeting floor of the major family mansion. Pete only knew what happened when Big and Ken dragged an unconscious Porsche to their room and laid him on the sofa - they said Porsche had hit Khun Macau and got punished by Khun Kinn. That made Pete massaged his own temple - damn, what now?

He was about to walk into his room to look at Porsche, but then from the hallway he noticed Khun Vegas walking in hurry with Khun Macau. From afar, Pete could see blood smeared on Khun Macau's jacket and he noticed that Khun Vegas looked very angry.

Pete hesitated for a moment, but then he decided to walk down the hallway where the two minor family sons walked to. From the back, Pete could see Khun Vegas had his arm around Macau's back while his other hand gripped his brother's upper arm.

"...Khun Vegas! Khun Macau!"

Pete half ran towards the two brothers, and he nearly gasped when he saw the blood running down the side of Khun Macau's face.

They stopped for a few moments and Khun Vegas looked back, but Pete could see him clicking his tongue and was about to walk away again - probably was too irritated to face another major family bodyguard.

"Khun Vegas," Pete said when he caught up with them, "...Khun Macau is hurt, let me call the family's doctor to tend to his wound."

Khun Vegas didn't look Pete in the eyes at all. From his face, Pete knew he was suppressing his anger not to snap at him.

"No need." he said shortly, about to walk again with Khun Macau towards the elevator.

"...Hia, my head really hurts." Pete could hear Khun Macau say. He was pressing the wound on his forehead with his own hand, but Pete could see the blood still running down his cheek.

For a split second, Pete noticed how Khun Vegas' expression softened when he looked at his brother. He immediately stopped walking and looked hesitant for a moment.

"I will prepare a room for Khun Vegas and Khun Macau to wait for the doctor to come. Shouldn't be long, the doctor is on the sixth floor." Pete said, ushering the two young masters to one of the guest's rooms so they could wait there comfortably. Pete used his communicator to arrange the doctor's visit to the meeting floor, which didn't take long when the minor family name was mentioned.

When the doctor tended to the wound on Khun Macau's forehead, Khun Vegas was with him all the time. He gripped his brother's hand tightly, even though he didn't even say anything. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, as if making sure that the doctor didn't mess up his brother's wound even more. Pete could see the nervousness on the doctor's face, because even though he was used to treating the main family, there was just something with Khun Vegas that was more... intimidating.

"Who is that new bodyguard and why is Kinn protecting him?"

Khun Vegas wasn't even looking when he asked that, and Pete needed a few seconds to realize that he was talking to him. Pete was standing a few feet away from the bed like the good bodyguard that he was, but then Khun Vegas looked at him and nodded his head as an order for Pete to get closer.