CH: 12 New Family

The queen sets me down as she scans the tree line. "Where are we going to go?" I ask, as I begin to get worried.  She pulls me into her arms to try and soothe me.
     "Don't worry little one, I have some family in the near by town that will take us in." She picks me back up and starts her way to the town.

*********

     We arrive at a small quiet town and Alexandria leads me to a modern looking house. She knocks on the door while watching around us making sure no one followed us. A male human meets us at the door and ushers us in.

    "What the hell are you doing here Alex!" the male humans yells out. "I am sorry zander, we had no where else to go." Alexandria says looking defeated. I squeeze her arm in reinsurance and she shoots me a small smile.

     "I guess we are family. Come sit down and maybe we can get an idea on what is going on" He leads us away from the door and into a dining hall, were we all take a seat at a table. "Family? But you are human." I say confused.

     Zander gives me a smile. "So this is your mate? At least some of the vampiric family will continue the human mate tradition even though they hate it."

     "Yes, she is amazing" Alexandria gives me a wink and I giggle at her.

       "Out of everyone in our family, I am surprised that you ended up with a human mate, Alexandria." A lady says as she comes through the door and lays a kiss onto Alexandrias cheek.

         Alexandria hugs her back. "Aunt Janet, this is Emily" She approaches me and slides her hand across my shoulders. I feel the cold of her skin sink into mine. "Vampire" I say under my breath and she puts out a chuckle.

      "Still not accustomed to us vampires yet?" She asks as she places her hands on my cheeks and raises my head to look at her. "You are a pretty one, you will do nicely in our family" she let's me go and wonders over to zander and places a kiss on him.

       I look at them both in curiosity. "Are you and zander mates?" I ask and she nods. "You don't have to turn him?" I ask.

     "I had no wish to be bitten so we were banished from the kingdom to live the rest of our lives out here." Zander answers. My eyebrows raise in interest. "But zander will die of old age." I say.

      Janet sits next to him and takes his arm in hers. "Yes, he will live a short life with me and I will make sure every moment counts, sense unfortetly he does not want to be turned." She says with a sigh. "But I will keep his wishes" Zander smiles at her and she smiles back at him.

       Zander looks back at Alexandria. "So Jasper overthrough you?" He asks and she growls. "Yes it seems he did. I was out running a few errands and came back to this" she says digging her nails into the table.

     "He was always a trouble maker in his younger years. Well you are both welcome here until we can figure this all out" Janet says offering us with a smile.

     "Thank you Aunt Janet, it shouldn't take us long to take care of my little brother." Alexandria says with a demonic voice.

       "They think that you have gotten weak with your human mate my dear niece. You just have to show them that you are not." Janet stands up and starts to pace with her arms folded. "But how are we going to show them that you are not" Janet ponders for awhile. "You can always turn your human lover and kill your brother" They all look at me.

       "Umm, I would rather like to stay human for now if I can." I say and zander chuckles. "Why dont we take out one of the other kingdoms?" Zander asks. Both Alexandria and Janet think for a moment.

     "Yes, taking out one of the enemy's kingdoms will show how far you will go and most likely will earn most of your peoples trust back." Janet says with a smile.